My research focuses on educational policy analysis within international and comparative education, investment in human capital development, emotional intelligence and leadership development, organizational development and change, evaluation in organizations, transfer of learning, organizational learning and e-learning. I have received numerous awards, honors and fellowships in recognition of my scholarship such as the Fulbright Scholarship in 1996, Outstanding HRD Scholar Award in 2019, the Carnegie African Diaspora Fellowship in 2016, Outstanding Paper, Academy of Human Resource Development, Asian Chapter in 2019, Distinguished International Scholar Award, Louisiana State University in 1997, Arkansas Business Teacher Educator of the Year Award in 2004, Cutting Edge Award for the Outstanding Papers, Academy of Human Resource Development in 2005, and Outstanding New Faculty Award, College of Education and Human Development at Texas A&M University in 2008.
- Ph.D. in Leadership and Human Resource Development, Louisiana State University - (Baton Rouge, Louisiana, United States) 1998
- M.Ed. in Economics of Education & Educational Planning, Kenyatta University - (Nairobi, Nairobi, Kenya) 1993
- B.E. in Education, Business Studies and Economics, Kenyatta University - (Nairobi, Nairobi, Kenya) 1988
- Kurian, D., & Nafukho, F. M. (2021). Can authentic leadership influence the employees’ organizational justice perceptions? – a study in the hotel context. International Hospitality Review. ahead-of-print(ahead-of-print),
- Mkuu, R., Barry, A., Yonga, G., Nafukho, F., Wernz, C., Gilreath, T., Chowdhury, M., & Harvey, I. S. (2021). Prevalence and factors associated with overweight and obesity in kenyan adult. Preventive Medicine Reports. 101340-101340.
- Van, H., & Nafukho, F. M. (2019). Employee engagement antecedents and consequences in Vietnamese businesses. European Journal of Training and Development. 44(2/3), 89-103.
- Nafukho, F. M., Wekullo, C. S., & Muyia, M. H. (2019). Examining research productivity of faculty in selected leading public universities in Kenya. International Journal of Educational Development. 66, 44-51.
- Wang, S., Graham, C. M., Hsia, C., Nafukho, F. M., & Wang, H. (2019). Communication Climate, Organizational Learning Readiness and Job Satisfaction in Information Technology Service Enterprises. JOURNAL OF INTERNET TECHNOLOGY. 20(5), 1637-1647.
- Frederick Muyia Nafukho, .., & Alexander Boniface Makulilo, .. (2021). Handbook of Research on Nurturing Industrial Economy for Africa’s Development. IGI Global.
- Dirani, K., Nafukho, F. M., & Irby, B. (2018). Global Issues and Talent Development Perspectives from Countries Around the World. IAP.
- Nafukho, F. M., Dirani, K., & Irby, B. (2017). Talent Development and the Global Economy Perspectives from Special Interest Groups. IAP.
- Nafukho, F. M., & Khayesi, M. (2016). Informal Public Transport in Practice. Routledge.
- Bwisa, H. M., & Nafukho, F. M. (2012). Learning Entrepreneurship Through Indigenous Knowledge.
- Nafukho, F., & Muyia, M. (2021). Lifelong Learning and Quality Education for Sustainable Development in Africa. Nafukho, F. M., & Makulilo, A. B. (Eds.), Handbook of Research on Nurturing Industrial Economy for Africa's Development. IGI Global.
- Muyia, M., & Nafukho, F. M. (2017). Leadership Development for Frontier Societies: Reflections from Kenya. Ardichvili, A., & Dirani, K. (Eds.), Leadership Development in Emerging Market Economies. (pp. 229-244). Palgrave Macmillan US.
- McCarthy, A., Morley, M., & Garavan, T. (2016). Global Human Resource Development. Global Human Resource Development: Regional and Country Perspectives. (pp. 131-147). Routledge.
- Muyia, H. M., & Nafukho, F. M. (2015). Keeping it social: Transforming workplace learning and development through social media. Professional Development and Workplace Learning: Concepts, Methodologies, Tools, and Applications. (pp. 1566-1586). IGI Global.
- Hairston, N., & Nafukho, F. M. (2015). A study of trainee attitude and satisfaction between E-learning training versus traditional training. Handbook of Research on Innovative Technology Integration in Higher Education. (pp. 154-177). IGI Global.
- Chakraborty, M., & Nafukho, F. (2013). EMOTIONAL INTELLIGENCE AND SOCIAL MEDIA IN THE ATTENTION ECONOMY. 5525-5525.
- Chakraborty, M., & Nafukho, F. (2013). ONLINE CLASS ENGAGEMENT PER SE: CONSIDERING STUDENTS' PERSPECTIVES. 1927-1927.
- banks, c. H., & nafukho, f. M. (2008). Career Transitions across and within Organizations: Implications for Human Resource Development..
- wawire, n. W., & nafukho, f. M. (2006). Investment in Human Capital through Institutions of Higher Education for the Revival of Kenya’s Economy..
- (2014). Governance and Transformations of Universities in Africa A Global Perspective. Information Age Publishing.
- (2015). Handbook of Research on Innovative Technology Integration in Higher Education. IGI Global. 1-478.
- Chakraborty, Misha (2017-05). Learner Engagement Strategies in Online Class Environment. (Doctoral Dissertation)
- Collins, Rachele Christine (2016-08). Understanding the Workforce Skills and Development Needs of the Houston Suburban Homeless. (Doctoral Dissertation)
- Frank, Christine A. (2015-05). A Dual-Paradigm Assessment of a Model to Guide the Formulation of National Human Resource Development (NHRD) Policy for Practice: National Learning for Economic, Political, and Socio-Cultural Performance and Wellbeing. (Doctoral Dissertation)
- Fowler, Rhonda Michelle (2013-08). "When you want to give up, you want to give in": Mentoring perceptions of African American women doctoral students at a predominately White institution. (Doctoral Dissertation)
- Hammons, Laura (2013-08). Relationships among Non-Academic Employee Perceptions of Manager Leadership Behaviors, Meaningful Work, and Selected Performance Drivers. (Doctoral Dissertation)