Dr. Ong is currently the director of the Texas Plant Disease Diagnostic Laboratory (Plant Clinic). This laboratory provides plant disease diagnostic service to AgriLife Extension personnel, homeowners, farmers, greenhouse and nursery producers, landscape contractors, interiorscapers, arborists, consultants, and any other group or individual needing accurate identification of plant disease problems. The Plant Clinic collaborates efforts with state and federal agencies through the National Plant Diagnostic Network - Southern Region.
- Chaudhary, S., Laughlin, D. A., Setamou, M., da Graça, J. V., Kunta, M., Alabi, O. J., ... Ancona, V. (2020). Incidence, Severity, and Characterization of Phytophthora Foot Rot of Citrus in Texas and Implications for Disease Management.. Plant Dis. 104(9), 2455-2461.
- Solo, K. M., Collins, S. B., Shires, M. K., Ochoa, R., Bauchan, G. R., Schneider, L. G., ... Windham, M. T. (2020). A Survey of Rose rosette virus and Eriophyid Mites Associated with Roses in the Southeastern United States. HortScience. 55(8), 1288-1294.
- Kasote, D. M., Jayaprakasha, G. K., Singh, J., Ong, K., Crosby, K. M., & Patil, B. S. (2020). Metabolomics-based biomarkers of Fusarium wilt disease in watermelon plants. Journal of Plant Diseases and Protection. 127(4), 591-596.
- Gochez, A. M., Behlau, F., Singh, R., Ong, K., Whilby, L., & Jones, J. B. (2020). Panorama of citrus canker in the United States. Tropical Plant Pathology. 45(3), 192-199.
- Farber, C., Shires, M., Ong, K., Byrne, D., & Kurouski, D. (2019). Raman spectroscopy as an early detection tool for rose rosette infection.. Planta. 250(4), 1247-1254.
- Meyer, B., Cochran, K. A., & Ong, K (2020). Survey of soil and foliar fungal pathogens observed in watermelon production fields throughout the growing regions of Texas. PHYTOPATHOLOGY. 110(7), 2-2.
- Ong, K., Ayala, V., & McBride, S. A. (2020). Texas Plant Disease Diagnostic Laboratory at Texas A&M annual report. PHYTOPATHOLOGY. 110(7), 26-26.
- Shires, M. K., Corser, J., Ueckert, J., & Ong, K. (2020). Transmission of Rose rosette emaravirus (RRV) through non-vector related methodologies. PHYTOPATHOLOGY. 110(7), 10-10.
- Mollov, D. S., Ong, K., & Al Rwahnih, M. (2019). A collection of curated rose viruses; an important part of the National Clean Plant Network. PHYTOPATHOLOGY. 109(10), 190-190.
- Laforest, J. H., Ong, K., & Harmon, C. L. (2019). Connecting diagnostic labs with a system for sharing protocols and maintaining version control. PHYTOPATHOLOGY. 109(10), 127-128.
- USDA urges people to mail unsolicited seed packages for testing KLTV August 4, 2020
- Mystery Seeds Arriving In Texas Mailboxes Texas A&M Today July 29, 2020
- Chat with Green Aggies webinars about all things 'green' AgriLife Today June 1, 2020