My main research fields in computational physics are the investigation of disordered and complex systems, as well as the study of problems related to quantum computing.
education and training
- Ph.D. in Physics, University of California, Santa Cruz - (Santa Cruz, California, United States) 2001
- M.S. in Physics, University of California, Santa Cruz - (Santa Cruz, California, United States) 1998
- Wang, W., Moore, M. A., & Katzgraber, H. G. (2018). Fractal dimension of interfaces in Edwards-Anderson spin glasses for up to six space dimensions. PHYSICAL REVIEW E. 97(3),
- Hamze, F., Jacob, D. C., Ochoa, A. J., Perera, D., Wang, W., & Katzgraber, H. G. (2018). From near to eternity: Spin-glass planting, tiling puzzles, and constraint-satisfaction problems. PHYSICAL REVIEW E. 97(4),
- Zhu, Z., Ochoa, A. J., & Katzgraber, H. G. (2018). Lack of a thermodynamic finite-temperature spin-glass phase in the two-dimensional randomly coupled ferromagnet. Phys. Rev. B. 97(17), 174425.
- Karimi, H., Rosenberg, G., & Katzgraber, H. G. (2017). Effective optimization using sample persistence: A case study on quantum annealers and various Monte Carlo optimization methods. PHYSICAL REVIEW E. 96(4),
- Mandra, S., Zhu, Z., & Katzgraber, H. G. (2017). Exponentially Biased Ground-State Sampling of Quantum Annealing Machines with Transverse-Field Driving Hamiltonians. PHYSICAL REVIEW LETTERS. 118(7), 070502.
- Katzgraber, H. G., & Andrist, R. S. (2013). Stability of topologically-protected quantum computing proposals as seen through spin glasses. 7TH EUROPEAN CONFERENCE ON APPLIED SUPERCONDUCTIVITY (EUCAS'05). 473(1), 012019-012019.
- Pelikan, M., & Katzgraber, H. G. (2009). Analysis of evolutionary algorithms on the one-dimensional spin glass with power-law interactions. 843-850.
- Pelikan, M., Katzgraber, H. G., & Kobe, S. (2008). Finding ground states of Sherrington-Kirkpatrick spin glasses with hierarchical BOA and genetic algorithms. 447-454.
- Katzgraber, H. G. (2008). Spin glasses and algorithm benchmarks: A one-dimensional view. 7TH EUROPEAN CONFERENCE ON APPLIED SUPERCONDUCTIVITY (EUCAS'05). 95(1), 012004-012004.
- Test & Evaluation for the IARPA Quantum Enhanced Optimization Program awarded by NASA-Ames Research Center 2017 - 2022
awards and honors
recent teaching activities
Texas A&M University; Physics And Astronomy; 4242 TAMU
College Station, TX 77843-4242