My research focuses on combustion, coal and biomass, animal waste, energy conversion, pollutants, fire and thermodynamics, respiratory quotient and global warming potential of fuels, link between oxygen deficient(OD) combustion and OD metabolism in humans and relation to cancer, entropy-lifespan- aging.
- Ph.D. in , Georgia Institute of Technology - (Atlanta, Georgia, United States) 1975
- M.S. in , Indian Institute of Science Bangalore - (Bengaluru, India) 1968
- B.S. in , University of Madras - (Chennai, Tamil Nadu, India) 1966
- Chen, W., Lei, Y., Annamalai, K., & Sun, J. (2018). Analysis of D2law in case of Shengli lignite drying under inert and uninert environment. Drying Technology. 36(4), 448-458.
- Annamalai, K., Thanapal, S. S., & Ranjan, D. (2018). Ranking Renewable and Fossil Fuels on Global Warming Potential Using Respiratory Quotient Concept. Journal of Combustion. 2018,
- Annamalai, K., & Nanda, A. (2017). Biological aging and life span based on entropy stress via organ and mitochondrial metabolic loading. ENTROPY. 19(10), 566-566.
- Chen, W., Annamalai, K., Sun, J., & Chen, Y. (2016). Chemical kinetics of bean straw biofuel pyrolysis using maximum volatile release method. Korean Journal of Chemical Engineering. 33(8), 2330-2336.
- Thanapal, S. S., Annamalai, K., Ansley, R. J., & Ranjan, D. (2016). Co-firing carbon dioxide-torrefied woody biomass with coal on emission characteristics. Biomass Conversion and Biorefinery. 6(1), 91-104.
- Annamalai, K., Thanapal, S. S., Lawrence, B., Chen, W., Spear, A., & Sweeten, J. (2013). Energy conversion through combustion of biomass including animal waste. Technologies for Converting Biomass to Useful Energy: Combustion, Gasification, Pyrolysis, Torrefaction and Fermentation. (pp. 35-96). CRC Press.
- Annamalai, K., & Miller, M. (2017). A link between O2 deficient metabolism in organs and group combustion in engineering. 2017-April,
- Chen, W., Wang, Y., Annamalai, K., Sun, J., & Xie, Z. (2015). Dewatering studies on the low rank China lignite using N
2,CO 2and air. 3,
- Chen, W., Thanapal, S. S., Annamalai, K., Ranjan, D., Lawrence, B., & Ansley, R. J. (2014). Kinetics of pyrolysis of mesquite fuel-comparison of different methods. 3A,
- Chen, W., Thanapal, S. S., Annamalai, K., Ansley, R. J., & Mirik, M. (2013). Updraft fixed bed gasification of mesquite fuel using air-steam mixture. 2,
- Chen, W., Thanapal, S. S., Annamalai, K., & Ansley, R. J. (2012). Comparative evaluation of CO
2-O 2and air (N 2-O 2) gasification of agricultural biomass fuels. 1, 635-646.
- Miller, Jason Mathew (2014-12). Oxygen Deficient Metabolism in Organs: A Link to Combustion Science. (Master's Thesis)
- Tiyawongsakul, Tiyawut (2014-08). Non-Reacting Flow Characteristics and Emissions Reduction on Blends of Coal and Dairy Biomass in 30 kW_(t) Low NO_(x) Down-Fired Furnace. (Master's Thesis)
- Thanapal, Siva S (2014-05). Effect of Co-Firing Torrefied Woody Biomass with Coal in a 30 kWt Downfired Burner. (Doctoral Dissertation)
- Lawrence, Benjamin Daniel (2013-08). Investigation Of Synergistic NOx Reduction From Cofiring And Air Staged Combustion Of Coal And Low Ash Dairy Biomass In A 30 Kilowatt Low NOx Furnace. (Doctoral Dissertation)
- Chen, Wei 1981- (2012-12). Fixed Bed Counter Current Gasification of Mesquite and Juniper Biomass Using Air-steam as Oxidizer. (Doctoral Dissertation)