education and training
- Ph.D. in Organizational Behavior/Human Resource Management, University of Oklahoma - (Norman, Oklahoma, United States) 2013
- M.B.A. in , Creighton University - (Omaha, Nebraska, United States) 2009
- B.B.A. in Transportation and Logistics. 2nd Major: Finance, Iowa State University - (Ames, Iowa, United States) 2001
- Murnieks, C. Y., Klotz, A. C., & Shepherd, D. A. (2020). Entrepreneurial motivation: A review of the literature and an agenda for future research. JOURNAL OF ORGANIZATIONAL BEHAVIOR. 41(2), 115-143.
- McClean, S. T., Koopman, J., Yim, J., & Klotz, A. C. (2020). Stumbling out of the gate: The energy‐based implications of morning routine disruption. PERSONNEL PSYCHOLOGY.
- Klotz, A. C., Swider, B. W., Shao, Y., & Prengler, M. K. (2020). The paths from insider to outsider: A review of employee exit transitions. HUMAN RESOURCE MANAGEMENT.
- Bolinger, A. R., Klotz, A. C., & Leavitt, K. (2018). Contributing from Inside the Outer Circle: The Identity-Based Effects of Noncore Role Incumbents on Relational Coordination and Organizational Climate. Academy of Management Review. 43(4), 680-703.
- Klotz, A. C., He, W., Yam, K. C., Bolino, M. C., Wei, W. u., & Houston, L. (2018). Good Actors but Bad Apples: Deviant Consequences of Daily Impression Management at Work. JOURNAL OF APPLIED PSYCHOLOGY. 103(10), 1145-1154.
- Bolino, M. C., Klotz, A. C., & Turnley, W. H. (2016). The Unintended Consequences of Organizational Citizenship Behaviors for Employees, Teams, and Organizations. Philip M. Podsakoff, .., Scott B. Mackenzie, .., & Nathan P. Podsakoff, .. (Eds.), The Oxford Handbook of Organizational Citizenship Behavior. Oxford University Press.
- Klotz, A. C., & Zimmerman, R. D. (2015). On the Turning Away: An Exploration of the Employee Resignation Process Abstract. Research in Personnel and Human Resources Management. Zimmerman Ryan D., .. (Eds.), Research in Personnel and Human Resources Management. (pp. 51-119). Emerald Group Publishing Limited.
- Turnley, W. H., Klotz, A. C., & Bolino, M. C. (2014). Crafting an Image at Another's Expense: Understanding Unethical Impression Management in Organizations. Giacalone, R. A., & Promislo, M. D. (Eds.), Handbook of Unethical Work Behavior: Implications for Individual Well-Being. (pp. 123-139). Routledge.
- Klotz, A. C., Wheeler, A. R., Halbesleben, J., Brock, M. E., & Buckley, M. R. (2012). Chapter 24 Can Reward Systems Influence the Creative Individual?. Mumford, M. D. (Eds.), Handbook of Organizational Creativity. (pp. 607-631). Elsevier.
- Zeni, T. A., Buckley, M. R., Klotz, A. C., & Novicevic, M. M. (2012). “Not so fast, my friend!” The eternal marital bliss or imminent divorce of leadership and neuroscience.. Meurs, J. A., Rossi, A. M., & Perrewe, P. L. (Eds.), Stress and quality of working life: Coping and Prevention. (pp. 195-217). Information Age Publishing.
- Yam, K. C., Klotz, A., He, W., & Reynolds, S. J. (2014). Turning Good Soldiers into Bad Apples: Examining when and why Citizenship Behavior Leads to Deviance. Academy of Management Proceedings. 2014(1), 10439-10439.
awards and honors
- College of Business Prominent Scholar Award conferred by Oregon State University - (Corvallis, Oregon, United States) - This award was given in 2017, 2018, and 2019. 2016
recent teaching activities