Our research puts emphasis in health informatics, emergency, disasters and pre-hospital care. We focus in user-centered design of decision-support systems, adaptation of low cost technologies to health care, and the use of technology for teaching and learning in health care. Ultimate the goal is to humanize medical encounters using technology
- Ph.D. in Health Informatics, The University of Texas Health Science Center at Houston - (Houston, Texas, United States) 2009
- M.S. in Biomedical Sciences, University of Antioquia - (Medellín, Colombia) 2004
- M.D. in Medicine, University of Antioquia - (Medellín, Colombia) 2000
- Basu, A., Kuziemsky, C., de Araújo Novaes, M., Kleber, A., Sales, F., Al-Shorbaji, N., ... Udayasankaran, J. G. (2021). Telehealth and the COVID-19 Pandemic: International Perspectives and a Health Systems Framework for Telehealth Implementation to Support Critical Response. Yearbook of Medical Informatics. 30(01), 126-133.
- Iyengar, M. S., Chang, O., Florez-Arango, J. F., Taria, M., & Patel, V. L. (2021). Development and usability of a mobile tool for identification of depression and suicide risk in Fiji.. Technology and Health Care. 29(1), 143-153.
- Silva, E., Uribe, S., Smith, J., Gomez, I., & Florez-Arango, J. F. (2020). XML Data and Knowledge-Encoding Structure for a Web-Based and Mobile Antenatal Clinical Decision Support System: Development Study. JMIR Formative Research. 4(10), e17512-e17512.
- Kuziemsky, C., Hunter, I., Gogia, S., lyenger, S., Kulatunga, G., Rajput, V., ... Basu, A. (2020). Ethics in Telehealth: Comparison between Guidelines and Practice-based Experience -the Case for Learning Health Systems. Yearbook of Medical Informatics. 29(01), 044-050.
- Uribe-Ocampo, S., Torres, E. A., Luna, I. F., Florez-Arango, J. F., & Smith, J. W. (2019). SIM-CIG: A Serious Game to Practice and Improve Clinical Guidelines Adoption Based on Computer-Interpretable Guidelines.. CONNECTING MEDICAL INFORMATICS AND BIO-INFORMATICS. 264, 1997-1998.
- Torres Silva, E. A., Luna Gomez, I. F., Florez Arango, J. F., Smith, J. W., Ocampo, S. U., & Hidalgo, J. E. (2018). Evaluation of satisfaction and usability of a Clinical Decision Support System (CDSS) targeted for early obstetric risk assessment and patient follow-up. 3-11.
- Iyengar, S., Smith, J. W., & Florez-Arango, J. F. (2017). Crossing the Chasm between clinical evidence and clinical practice: Persuasive technology and translational science. CEUR Workshop Proceedings. 1822, 7-13.
- Florez-Arango, J. F., Patiño-Giraldo, S., Iyengar, M. S., & Smith, J. W. (2016). Performance Evaluation Clinical Task Ontology(PECTO): An approach for building simulation-based evaluation of new technologies and their effect on health worker performance. CEUR Workshop Proceedings. 1747,
- Correa-Arango, A. L., Tamayo-Correa, C., Mejía-Zapata, D., Castrillón, E., Torres-Silva, E. A., Luna-Gomez, I. F., ... Smith, J. (2015). Development of a Dynamic and Adaptive Simulator for Health.. CONNECTING MEDICAL INFORMATICS AND BIO-INFORMATICS. 216, 1062-1062.
- Uribe, C., Isaza, C., & Florez-Arango, J. F. (2011). Qualitative-fuzzy decision support system for monitoring patients with cardiovascular risk. 3, 1621-1625.