I am in charge of the Hydrocarbon Resource Program at LBNL, and the research programs on unconventional resources, including gas hydrates.
education and training
- Ph.D. in Reservoir Engineering, Texas A&M University - (College Station, Texas, United States) 1987
- M.E. in Chemical Engineering, National Technical University of Athens - (Athens, Attiki, Greece) 1980
- M.Sc. in Agricultural Engineering, Texas A&M University - (College Station, Texas, United States) 1980
- B.Sc. in Chemical Engineering, National Technical University of Athens - (Athens, Attiki, Greece) 1979
- Lee, K. J., Finsterle, S., & Moridis, G. J. (2018). Analyzing the impact of reaction models on the production of hydrocarbons from thermally upgraded oil shales. Journal of Petroleum Science and Engineering. 168, 448-464.
- Doughty, C., & Moridis, G. J. (2018). Editorial to the special issue on the 2015 TOUGH Symposium. Transport in Porous Media. 1-2.
- Lee, K. J., Finsterle, S., & Moridis, G. J. (2018). Estimating the reaction parameters of oil shale pyrolysis and oil shale grade using temperature transient analysis and inverse modeling. Journal of Petroleum Science and Engineering. 165, 765-776.
- Kim, J., Um, E. S., & Moridis, G. J. (2018). Integrated simulation of vertical fracture propagation induced by water injection and its borehole electromagnetic responses in shale gas systems. Journal of Petroleum Science and Engineering. 165, 13-27.
- Lee, K. J., Moridis, G. J., & Ehlig-Economides, C. A. (2017). Compositional simulation of hydrocarbon recovery from oil shale reservoirs with diverse initial saturations of fluid phases by various thermal processes. ENERGY EXPLORATION & EXPLOITATION. 35(2), 172-193.
- Moridis, G. J., Collett, T. S., Boswell, R., Hancock, S., Rutqvist, J., Santamarina, C., ... Coh, C. (2013). Gas hydrates as a potential energy source: State of knowledge and challenges. Advanced Biofuels and Bioproducts. (pp. 977-1033). Springer New York.
- Kneafsey, T. J., Seol, Y., Moridis, G. J., Tomutsa, L., & Freifeld, B. M. (2010). Laboratory Measurements on Core-scale Sediment and Hydrate Samples to Predict Reservoir Behavior. Natural Gas Hydrates Energy Resource Potential and Associated Geologic Hazards, AAPG Memoir 89. (pp. 705-713). AAPG.
- Spycher, N., Pruess, K., & Moridis, G. (2005). A thermodynamic model for mutual solubility of water and CO
2in brines. Greenhouse Gas Control Technologies. (pp. 2055-2058). Elsevier.
- Moridis, G. J., & Collett, T. S. (2004). Gas production from class 1 hydrate accumulations. Taylor, C. E., & Kwan, J. T. (Eds.), Advances in the Study of Gas Hydrates. (pp. 83-97). Kluwer Academic Publishers.
- Pitakbunkate, T., Balbuena, P. B., Moridis, G. J., & Blasingame, T. A. (2016). Effect of Confinement on Pressure/Volume/Temperature Properties of Hydrocarbons in Shale Reservoirs. Plastics Engineering. 21(02), 621-634.
- Eveline, V. F., Akkutlu, I. Y., & Moridis, G. J. (2016). Impact of hydraulic fracturing fluid damage on shale gas well production performance. 2016-January,
- Martinez Rodriguez, E., Kim, J., & Moridis, G. J. (2016). Numerical investigation of potential cernent failure along the wellbore and gas leak during hydraulic fracturing of shale gas reservoirs. 3, 2247-2257.
- Martinez Rodriguez, E., Kim, J., & Moridis, G. J. (2016). Numerical modeling of microearthquakes by using coupled geomechanics simulation for planar fracture propagation. 3, 1815-1824.
awards and honors
chaired theses and dissertations
- Xie, Antu (2016-12). Application of the Discrete Element Method to Study the Effects of Occlusion Interfaces in Shale. (Master's Thesis)
- Pitakbunkate, Termpan (2015-08). Study of Fluid Behavior and PVT Properties of Hydrocarbons in Shale Reservoirs Using Molecular Simulations. (Doctoral Dissertation)
- Lee, Kyung Jae (2014-12). Rigorous Simulation Model of Kerogen Pyrolysis for the In-situ Upgrading of Oil Shales. (Doctoral Dissertation)
- Hazra, Kaushik Gaurav (2014-05). Comparison of Heating Methods for In-Situ Oil Shale Extraction. (Master's Thesis)
- Freeman, Craig Matthew (2013-12). Study of Multi-scale Transport Phenomena in Tight Gas and Shale Gas Reservoir Systems. (Doctoral Dissertation)
Texas A&M University; Petroleum Engineering; 3116 TAMU
College Station, TX 77843-3116