Dr. Wright is investigating enhanced convective cooling technology, including heat transfer enhancement for gas turbine cooling applications. This experimental research has led to the development of innovative cooling technology for both turbine blade film cooling and internal heat transfer enhancement. In addition, Dr. Wright continues to investigate the effect of rotation on the thermal performance of rotor blade cooling passages. Her research interests have also led to the development of novel experimental methods for the acquisition of detailed surface and flow measurements in highly turbulent flows.
- Ph.D. in Mechanical Engineering, Texas A&M University - (College Station, Texas, United States) 2006
- M.S. in Mechanical Engineering, Texas A&M University - (College Station, Texas, United States) 2003
- B.S. in Engineering with Professional Concentration in Mechanical Engineering, Arkansas State University - (Jonesboro, Arkansas, United States) 2001
- Wright, L. M., Yang, S., Wu, H., Han, J., Lee, C., Azad, S., & Um, J. (2020). Heat Transfer in a Rotating, Blade-Shaped Serpentine Cooling Passage With Discrete Ribbed Walls at High Reynolds Numbers. Transactions - ASME: Journal of Heat Transfer. 142(1),
- Yao, J., Zhang, K. e., Wu, J., Lei, J., Fang, Y. u., & Wright, L. M. (2019). An experimental investigation on streamwise distance and density ratio effects on double-jet film-cooling. APPLIED THERMAL ENGINEERING. 156, 410-421.
- Yao, J., Xu, J., Zhang, K. e., Lei, J., & Wright, L. M. (2019). Effect of Density Ratio on Film-Cooling Effectiveness Distribution and Its Uniformity for Several Hole Geometries on a Flat Plate. 35th AIAA Thermophysics Conference. 141(5),
- Yao, J., Xu, J., Zhang, K. e., Lei, J., & Wright, L. M. (2018). Interaction of Flow and Film Cooling Effectiveness Between Double-Jet Film-Cooling Holes With Various Spanwise Distances. 35th AIAA Thermophysics Conference. 140(12),
- Elston, C. A., & Wright, L. M. (2017). Leading edge jet impingement under high rotation numbers. PROCEEDINGS OF THE ASME TURBO EXPO 2008, VOL 4, PTS A AND B. 9(2),
- Watson, T. B., Vinton, K. R., Wright, L. M., Crites, D. C., Morris, M. C., Riahi, A., & ASME, .. (2019). Influence of Hole Inlet Geometry on the Film Cooling Effectiveness from Shaped Film Cooling Holes.
- Luo, D., Lu, R., Lei, J., Wright, L. M., & ASME, .. (2019). NUMERICAL STUDY ON COOLING CHARACTERISTICS OF DOUBLE-ROW CYLINDRICAL HOLES ON UPSTREAM ENDWALL.
- Seitz, S., Wright, L. M., & ASME, .. (2019). Thermal Characterization of a Turbulent Free Jet with Planar Laser Induced Fluorescence (PLIF).
- Wright, L. M., Seitz, S., & ASME, .. (2019). Thermal Development of an Impinging Jet Using Planar Laser Induced Fluorescence (PLIF).
- Yao, J., Lei, J., Wu, J., Fang, Y., & Wright, L. M. (2018). Effects of streamwise distance and density ratio on film-cooling effectiveness for double-jet film-cooling on a flat plate. 5C-2018,