My overall research focuses on economic impacts of natural disasters, vulnerability, adaptation, and general public policy concerning disaster mitigation and recovery. In my research I examine how effective federal and local disaster policies are in mitigating hurricane induced property and employment losses. I study individual and societal responses to flood risk exposure. I am interested in the behavior responses of individuals to public provision of flood protection as well as to general disaster aid. I examine long run adaptation through individuals' location choices and spatial sorting as a mechanism of adjustment to the threat of extreme events. I also examine labor market impacts of disasters and spillovers across economic sectors.
- Davlasheridze, M., & Miao, Q. (2019). Does Governmental Assistance Affect Private Decisions to Insure? An Empirical Analysis of Flood Insurance Purchases. LAND ECONOMICS. 95(1), 124-145.
- Davlasheridze, M., & Miao, Q. (2019). Does governmental assistance affect private decisions to insure? An empirical analysis of flood insurance purchases. LAND ECONOMICS. 95(1), 124-145.
- Fan, Q., & Davlasheridze, M. (2019). ECONOMIC IMPACTS of MIGRATION and BRAIN DRAIN after MAJOR CATASTROPHE: The CASE of HURRICANE KATRINA. Climate Change Economics. 10(1), 1950004-1950004.
- Davlasheridze, M., Atoba, K. O., Brody, S., Highfield, W., Merrell, W., Ebersole, B., Purdue, A., & Gilmer, R. W. (2019). Economic impacts of storm surge and the cost-benefit analysis of a coastal spine as the surge mitigation strategy in Houston-Galveston area in the USA. MITIGATION AND ADAPTATION STRATEGIES FOR GLOBAL CHANGE. 24(3), 329-354.
- Goetz, S. J., Davlasheridze, M., Han, Y., & Fleming-Munoz, D. A. (2019). Explaining the 2016 Vote for President Trump across US Counties. APPLIED ECONOMIC PERSPECTIVES AND POLICY. 41(4), 703-722.
- Fucile Sanchez, Emily Briana (2018-08). Spatial Adjustments of Socially Vulnerable Populations in Galveston County Following Hurricane Ike. (Master's Thesis)
- Casillas, Jessica C. (2018-08). Effects of Seagrass Habitat and Environmental Stressors on Blue Crab Populations in Texas. (Master's Thesis)
- Alisha, . (2017-08). Study of Socioeconomic Drivers of Marine Debris Pollution in North America. (Master's Thesis)
- Burgin, Ashton Danielle (2016-05). The Value of Beach Quality Using the Hedonic Pricing Model in Galveston, Texas. (Master's Thesis)