Intersections of sciences, engineering, arts, and design
Development of cross-disciplinary teams
STEAM learning, research, and practice
Networks of practice for art + science broadly
Augmented reality app development, Microsoft HoloLens
Mesh networks in rural areas
Tool building for sensing and responding in natural settings
Structural change for networked learning ecosystems
- M.F.A. in , University at Buffalo, State University of New York - (Buffalo, New York, United States) 1991
- B.F.A. in Design and Photography, University of Washington - (Seattle, Washington, United States) 1981
- Malina, R. F., Strohecker, C., Lafayette, C. J., & Ione, A. (2015). Steps to an Ecology of Networked Knowledge and Innovation: Enabling New Forms of Collaboration among Sciences, Engineering, Arts, and Design. Mit Press.
- Lafayette, C. J. (1990). Everyone Van Gogh.
- Malina, R., Strohecker, C., Thill, R., Triscott, N., Root-Bernstein, R., Lafayette, C., ... Byrne, D. (2018). Gallery of Illuminating and Inspirational Integrative Practices in Higher Education. The Integration of the Humanities and Arts with Sciences, Engineering, and Medicine in Higher Education Branches from the Same Tree. (pp. 233-258). National Academies Press.
- Lafayette, C., Thomas, A., Mitchell, S., & Perumal, F. (2018). Interactive Conference Roster. (pp. 407-407). National Academies Press.
- LaFayette, C., Rikakis, T., Cox, D. J., Nadarajan, G., Strohecker, C., Jennings, P., ... Gibb, A. (2012). Network for Sciences, Engineering, Arts and Design. 79:1-79:1.
- Lafayette, C. J. (2010). Immersive Experiences for Museums.
- LaFayette, C., Parke, F., McNamara, A., & Galanter, P. (2009). I'm not there: Extending the range of human senses to benefit wildlife corridors. 11.
- Lafayette, C. J. (2009). I’m Not There.
- LaFayette, C., Parke, F. I., Pierce, C. J., Nakamura, T., & Simpson, L. (2008). Atta texana leafcutting ant colony.
Institutional Repository Documents1
- Malina, R., Strohecker, C., LaFayette, C., & Ione, A. (2013). Steps to an Ecology of Networked Knowledge and Innovation: Enabling new forms of collaboration among sciences, engineering, arts, and design.
- EAGER: Network for Sciences, Engineering, Arts and Design (NSEAD) awarded by IIS, Human Centered Computing 2011 - 2014
- VizKids Camp awarded by Texas Workforce Commission - (Austin, Texas, United States) 2010 - 2011
- Sankaralingam, Rathinavel (2017-12). Unified Graphics API for a Display-Agnostic Rendering System. (Master's Thesis)
- Parish, Brandi Nicole (2013-05). Creation of Chimera Through the Usage of an Inspirational System. (Master's Thesis)
- Guinski, Rodrigo 1980- (2012-12). Phasing Loops. (Master's Thesis)
- Tanna, Hemali 1980- (2012-12). Dreamhome: A Personal Space of Core Human Desire and Ambition. (Master's Thesis)
- Ford, Angelique (2012-08). Critiquing the Masters: Applying 3D Production Lighting Principles to Famous 2D Works of Art. (Master's Thesis)