Mission is to affect a true change in the efficiency of forage production and utilization in Texas. By emphasizing the integrated use of proven methods and technologies, assist our state's forage producers to improve yields, stand persistence, and input use efficiency, decrease the threat to our environment, and increase profitability. Approach is to share my knowledge and findings from applied research, in concert with the work of colleagues in this and other disciplines.
- Sarkar, R., Corriher-Olson, V., Long, C., & Somenahally, A (2020). Challenges and Potentials for Soil Organic Carbon Sequestration in Forage and Grazing Systems. Rangeland Ecology & Management. 73(6), 786-795.
- Knutson, A., Corriher, V. A., & Vafaie, E. (2015). Efficacy of Selected Insecticides for Control of Fall Armyworm in Bermudagrass Hay, 2014: Table 1. Arthropod Management Tests. 40(1), F20-F20.
- Lehmkuhler, J. W., Corriher, V. A., Larson, J. E., Reuter, R., Stewart, R. L., Garcia, M. D., & Duckett, S. K (2014). Bill E. Kunkle Interdisciplinary Beef Symposium: Beef cattle welfare and stress.. J Anim Sci. 92(12), 5309-5310.
- Corriher-Olson, V., Rouquette, F. M., & Smith, G. R. (2013). Establishment of Tropical Annual Legumes Sod-Seeded into Bermudagrass or Prepared Seedbed. Texas Journal of Agriculture and Natural Resources. 26, 73-81.
- Corriher, V. A., Hill, G. M., Pringle, T. D., & Mullinix, B. G. (2009). Forage-Finished Beef Supplemented with Corn and Corn Oil. The Professional Animal Scientist. 25(5), 586-595.
- Hay-producing areas report below-average season AgriLife Today September 1, 2020
- When should producers add lime to the soil? The Eagle August 31, 2020
- Managing pasture hay insect pests program set Aug. 18 AgriLife Today July 28, 2020
- Forage webinar aims to save ranchers money AgriLife July 20, 2020
- Texas Crop and Weather Report - May 19, 2020 AgriLife Today May 19, 2020