His research focuses on nonprofit governance, strategy, and organizational effectiveness. He has authored numerous research articles, technical reports, and several practice-oriented publications.
education and training
- Ph.D. in Organizational Psychology, Claremont Graduate University - (Claremont, California, United States) 2000
- M.A. in Organizational Psychology, Claremont Graduate University - (Claremont, California, United States) 1994
- B.S. in Education, Emphasis in Human Services, Northeastern University - (Boston, Massachusetts, United States) 1990
- Van Puyvelde, S., Brown, W. A., Walker, V., & Tenuta, R. (2018). Board Effectiveness in Nonprofit Organizations: Do Interactions in the Boardroom Matter?. Nonprofit and Voluntary Sector Quarterly. 47(6), 1296-1310.
- Brown, W (2017). Classification of Program Activities: How Nonprofits Create Social Value. Administrative Sciences. 7(2), 12-19.
- Van Puyvelde, S., & Brown, W. A. (2016). Determinants of Nonprofit Sector Density: A Stakeholder Approach. VOLUNTAS: International Journal of Voluntary and Nonprofit Organizations. 27(3), 1045-1063.
- Brown, W. A., Andersson, F. O., & Jo, S. (2016). Dimensions of Capacity in Nonprofit Human Service Organizations. VOLUNTAS: International Journal of Voluntary and Nonprofit Organizations. 27(6), 2889-2912.
- Brown, W (2016). Teaching Strategic Management to Nonprofit Students. Journal of Nonprofit Education and Leadership. 6(3),
- Brown, W. A. (2016). Strategic Management. Renz, D. (Eds.), The JosseyBass Handbook of Nonprofit Leadership and Management, 4th Ed.. 217-239. Jossey Bass.
- Brown, W. A. (2013). Antecedents to board member engagement in deliberation and decision-making. Cornforth, C., & Brown, W. A. (Eds.), Nonprofit Governance: Innovative Perspectives and Approaches. Routledge.
- Brown, W. A. (2010). Strategic Management. Renz, D. (Eds.), The Jossey-Bass Handbook of Nonprofit Leadership and Management, 3rd Ed.. 206-229. Josey Bass.
recent teaching activities
Texas A&M University; Public Service And Administration; 4220 TAMU
College Station, TX 77843-4220