My research focuses on mechanisms associated with protein turnover and glucoregulatory function in muscle and how these mechanisms may be altered by exercise, aging, obesity, diabetes or periods of microgravity.
education and training
- Lee, Y., Fluckey, J. D., Chakraborty, S., & Muthuchamy, M. (2017). Hyperglycemia- and hyperinsulinemia-induced insulin resistance causes alterations in cellular bioenergetics and activation of inflammatory signaling in lymphatic muscle. The FASEB Journal. 31(7), 2744-2759.
- Brown, J. L., Rosa-Caldwell, M. E., Lee, D. E., Brown, L. A., Perry, R. A., Shimkus, K. L., ... Greene, N. P. (2017). PGC-14 gene expression is suppressed by the IL-6MEKERK 1/2 MAPK signalling axis and altered by resistance exercise, obesity and muscle injury. Acta Physiol (Oxf). 220(2), 275-288.
- Katsma, M. S., Patel, S. H., Eldon, E., Corbell, K. A., Shimkus, K. L., Fluckey, J. D., & Carroll, C. C. (2017). The influence of chronic IL-6 exposure, in vivo, on rat Achilles tendon extracellular matrix. CYTOKINE. 93, 10-14.
- Phillips, C. A., Cavinder, C. A., Sigler, D. H., & Fluckey, J. D. (2017). Effect of various levels of dietary starch on glycogen replenishment in the light working horse. Professional Animal Scientist. 33(6), 729-738.
- Galvan, E., Walker, D. K., Simbo, S. Y., Dalton, R., Levers, K., O'Connor, A., ... Kreider, R. B. (2016). Acute and chronic safety and efficacy of dose dependent creatine nitrate supplementation and exercise performance. J Int Soc Sports Nutr. 13(1), 12.
- Lee, C. W., Galvan, E., Lee, T. V., Chen, V., Bui, S., Crouse, S. F., ... Riechman, S. E. (2018). The Effects of Choline Intake and Resistance Exercise Training on Strength Gains in Older Adults. MEDICINE AND SCIENCE IN SPORTS AND EXERCISE. 50(5), 82-82.
- Chen, V., Lee, C. W., Fluckey, J. D., & Riechman, S. E. (2018). Blood Lipid is Associated with Skeletal Muscle PPARd Protein Content after a 10-week Resistance Exercise Training. MEDICINE AND SCIENCE IN SPORTS AND EXERCISE. 50(5), 808-808.
- Lee, C. W., Galvan, E., Lee, T. V., Chen, V., Bui, S., Crouse, S. F., ... Riechman, S. E. (2017). Lower Choline Intake is Associated with Diminished Strength and Lean Mass Gains in Older Adults. MEDICINE AND SCIENCE IN SPORTS AND EXERCISE. 49(5), 321-321.
- Deaver, J. W., OReilly, C. L., Crouse, S. F., & Fluckey, J. D. (2017). Blockade Of Mtor And Erk1/2 Resulted In Attenuated Protein Synthesis Rates In Differentiated C2c12 Myoblasts.. MEDICINE AND SCIENCE IN SPORTS AND EXERCISE. 49(5), 500-500.
- Cardin, J. M., Deaver, J. W., O'Reilly, C. L., Crouse, S. F., & Fluckey, J. D. (2017). Characterization of Protein Metabolism in Undifferentiated and Differentiated Murine Muscle Tissue. MEDICINE AND SCIENCE IN SPORTS AND EXERCISE. 49(5), 769-769.
chaired theses and dissertations
- Perticone, Jacqueline Ilene (2014-08). Protein Degradative Processes Associated with Anabolic Dysregulation in Diabetic Skeletal Muscle. (Master's Thesis)
- Wiggs, Michael (2011-08). Simulated Microgravity and Radiation Exposure Effects on the Regulation of Skeletal Muscle Protein Synthesis. (Doctoral Dissertation)
- Nilsson, Mats I. (2009-12). Influence of Insulin Resistance on Contractile Activity-Induced Anabolic Response of Skeletal Muscle. (Doctoral Dissertation)
- Gasier, Heath G. (2009-05). The Effects of Resistance Exercise on In Vivo Cumulative Skeletal Muscle Protein Synthesis. (Doctoral Dissertation)
Texas A&M University; Health And Kinesiology; 4243 TAMU
College Station, TX 77843-4243