My research interests include electric power engineering, power system protection, control and automation of power systems, power systems diagnostics and waveform analytics, forensic engineering, engineering ethics, and engineering professionalism.
education and training
- Ph.D. in Electrical Engineering, University of Oklahoma - (Norman, Oklahoma, United States) 1975
- M.E. in Electrical Engineering, Texas A&M University - (College Station, Texas, United States) 1971
- B.S. in Electrical Engineering, Texas A&M University - (College Station, Texas, United States) 1970
- Russell, B. (2007). Memory effect. IET Electronics Systems and Software. 5(4), 18-21.
- Russell, B. D., & Thame, V. (2003). Connecting readers to the research information they need. ELECTRIC POWER SYSTEMS RESEARCH. 64(1), 1-1.
- Short, S. X., Tantaswadi, P., De Carvalho, R. T., Russell, B. D., & Blake, J. (1996). An experimental study of acoustic vibration effects in optical fiber current sensors. IEEE Transactions on Power Delivery. 11(4), 1702-1706.
- Short, S. X., Tantaswadi, P., De Carvalho, R. T., Russell, B. D., & Blake, J. (1996). An experimental study of acoustic vibration effects in optical fiber current sensors. IEEE Power Engineering Review. 16(10), 44-45.
- Short, S. X., Mamishev, A. V., Kao, T. W., & Russell, B. D. (1996). Evaluation of methods for discrimination of energized underground power cables. ELECTRIC POWER SYSTEMS RESEARCH. 37(1), 29-38.
- Benner, C. L., Peterson, R. A., Russell, B. D., & IEEE, .. (2017). Application of DFA Technology for Improved Reliability and Operations. Papers - Rural Electric Power Conference. 44-51.
- Russell, B. D., & Loe, S. (2015). Foreword. iii.
- Russell, B. D. (2014). Foreword.
- Wischkaemper, J. A., Benner, C. L., Russell, B. D., Manivannan, K. M., & IEEE, .. (2014). Waveform Analytics-based Improvements in Situational Awareness, Feeder Visibility, and Operational Efficiency. Proceedings of the IEEE Power Engineering Society Transmission and Distribution Conference.
- Russell, B. D., Benner, C. L., & Wischkaemper, J. A. (2012). Distribution feeder caused wildfires: Mechanisms and prevention. 43-51.
awards and honors
- NAI Fellow conferred by National Academy of Inventors - (Tampa, Florida, United States) 2014
chaired theses and dissertations
- Hurtado, Lisa Diane (2011-05). An Environmental and Policy Evaluation of Cellulosic Ethanol. (Doctoral Dissertation)
- Rengarajan, Janarthanan (2008-12). Operated device estimation framework. (Master's Thesis)
- Li, Jun (2005-12). Methodology for designing the fuzzy resolver for a radial distribution system fault locator. (Doctoral Dissertation)
Texas A&M University; Electrical Engineering; 3128 TAMU
College Station, TX 77843-3128