Dr. Zahabi's research is focused on applying Human Systems Engineering theories and principles in design and analysis of complex human-in-the-loop systems. In particular, she is interested in usability evaluation and interface design of health information technologies; law enforcement in-vehicle technology design, training, driving distraction and multi-tasking performance under high workload driving conditions; and virtual reality application to improve human cognitive and psychomotor performance. Other research interests include interruptions in healthcare settings, patient safety monitoring and adverse event prediction using data analytics, and applications of cognitive performance modeling and system safety analyses techniques in different domains.
- Ph.D. in Industrial & Systems Engineering, minor in Statistics, North Carolina State University - (Raleigh, North Carolina, United States) 2017
- M.S. in Industrial & Systems Engineering, Sharif University of Technology - (Tehran, Iran) 2013
- B.S. in Industrial & Systems Engineering, Sharif University of Technology - (Tehran, Iran) 2011
- Zahabi, M., Razak, A., Shortz, A. E., Mehta, R. K., & Manser, M. (2020). Evaluating advanced driver-assistance system trainings using driver performance, attention allocation, and neural efficiency measures. Appl Ergon. 84, 103036-103036.
- Zahabi, M., Pankok, C., & Park, J. (2020). Human factors in police mobile computer terminals: A systematic review and survey of recent literature, guideline formulation, and future research directions.. Appl Ergon. 84, 103041-103041.
- Zahabi, M., & Kaber, D. (2018). Effect of police mobile computer terminal interface design on officer driving distraction. Appl Ergon. 67, 26-38.
- Zahabi, M., & Kaber, D. (2018). Identification of task demands and usability issues in police use of mobile computing terminals. Appl Ergon. 66, 161-171.
- Zahabi, M., Machado, P., Lau, M. Y., Deng, Y., Jr, P. C., Hummer, J., Rasdorf, W., & Kaber, D. B. (2017). Driver performance and attention allocation in use of logo signs on freeway exit ramps. Appl Ergon. 65, 70-80.
- Zhu, B., Kaber, D. B., Zahabi, M., Ma, J., & IEEE, .. (2017). Effect of Feedback Type and Modality on Human Motivation. 2017 IEEE INTERNATIONAL CONFERENCE ON SYSTEMS, MAN, AND CYBERNETICS (SMC). 2017-January, 2838-2843.
- Zhang, W., White, M., Zahabi, M., Winslow, A. T., Zhang, F., Huang, H. e., Kaber, D., & IEEE, .. (2016). Cognitive Workload in Conventional Direct Control vs. Pattern Recognition Control of an Upper-limb Prosthesis. 2017 IEEE INTERNATIONAL CONFERENCE ON SYSTEMS, MAN, AND CYBERNETICS (SMC). 2335-2340.
- Zahabi, M., Zhang, W., Jr, P. C., Lau, M. Y., Shirley, J., Kaber, D. B., & IEEE, .. (2016). Effect of Physical Workload on Navigation Task Performance by High-Fit Young Males. 2017 IEEE INTERNATIONAL CONFERENCE ON SYSTEMS, MAN, AND CYBERNETICS (SMC). 350-354.