- Faculty Fellow, Center for Remote Health Technologies and Systems
- Faculty Fellow, Institute for Science, Technology, and Public Policy
- Faculty Fellow, Center for Health Systems and Design
- Faculty Affiliate, Institute for Engineering Education and Innovation
- Faculty Fellow, Center for Health Organization Transformation, Health Science Center
- Assistant Professor, Industrial and Systems Engineering, College of Engineering
Dr. Sasangohar's research interests are centered around understanding and improving human decision-making and performance in multi-task, safety-critical work environments using a wide range of analytical techniques and technological innovations such as remote continuous monitoring and connected integrated systems. He is interested and has experience in designing, implementing, and testing systems that improve human-systems performance in socio-technical domains such as healthcare, air-traffic control, command and control, process control, and surface transportation.
- Ph.D. in Industrial Engineering (Human Factors Engineering), University of Toronto - (Toronto, Ontario, Canada) 2015
- S.M. in Human-Systems Engineering, Massachusetts Institute of Technology - (Cambridge, Massachusetts, United States) 2011
- M.Sc. in Systems Design Engineering, University of Waterloo - (Waterloo, Ontario, Canada) 2010
- B.A. in Information Technology (Technology and Society), York University - (Toronto, Ontario, Canada) 2009
- B.Sc. in Computer Science, University of Waterloo - (Waterloo, Ontario, Canada) 2007
- Markert, C., Rao, A. H., & Sasangohar, F. (2019). Combining Health Coaching with Telehealth: A Scoping Review. Proceedings of the Human Factors and Ergonomics Society. 63(1), 16-16.
- Nuamah, J. K., Sasangohar, F., Erraguntla, M., & Mehta, R. K. (2019). Correction to: The past, present and future of opioid withdrawal assessment: a scoping review of scales and technologies. BMC MEDICAL INFORMATICS AND DECISION MAKING. 19(1), 126.
- Smith, A., Sasangohar, F., McDonald, A. D., Bonuel, N., Shui, H., Ouko, C., & Lazaro, L. (2019). Drowsy Driving Among Shift Work Nurses: A Qualitative Data Analysis. Proceedings of the International Symposium on Human Factors and Ergonomics in Health Care. 8(1), 167-171.
- Mehta, R. K., Smith, A., Williams, J. P., Peres, S. C., & Sasangohar, F. (2019). Investigating Fatigue in Offshore Drilling Workers: A Qualitative Data Analysis of Interviews. IISE Transactions on Occupational Ergonomics and Human Factors. 7(1), 1-32.
- Moon, J., Sasangohar, F., Peres, S. C., Neville, T. J., & Son, C. (2019). Investigating Incident Management Teams as Cognitive Systems of Systems via Network Analysis of Real Time Interactions. Proceedings of the Human Factors and Ergonomics Society. 63(1), 1955-1956.
- Rao, A. H., Mehta, R. K., & Sasangohar, F. (2020). Chapter 119 Physiological and psychological aspects. Clinical Engineering Handbook. (pp. 839-846). Elsevier.
- Sethumadhavan, A., & Sasangohar, F. (2020). Preface. Design for Health. (pp. xix-xxii). Elsevier.
- Shett, S., Avnet, M. S., & Sasangohar, F. (2018). System Safety Data Network: Architecture and Blueprint. Disciplinary Convergence in Systems Engineering Research. (pp. 531-542). Springer International Publishing.
- Aljihmani, L., Abbas, H., Zhu, Y., Mehta, R. K., Sasangohar, F., Erraguntla, M., ... Qaraqe, K. (2019). Features of Physiological Tremor in Diabetic Patients. 00, 268-271.
- Aljihmani, L., Zhu, Y., Abbas, H. T., Mehta, R., Sasangohar, F., Erraguntla, M., Abbasi, Q. H., & Qaraqe, K. (2019). Spectral Analysis of Hand Tremors Induced during a Fatigue Test. PROCEEDINGS OF THE 21ST IEEE INTERNATIONAL SYMPOSIUM ON COMPUTER-BASED MEDICAL SYSTEMS. 00, 658-663.
- Son, C., Moon, J., Sasangohar, F., & Peres, S. C. (2018). Identifying traces of resilient performance in incident management systems using episodes. Proceedings of the International ISCRAM Conference. 2018-May, 935-941.
- Gutierrez, A., Rios, M., Sasangohar, F., Lawley, M., Nobari, E. S., Qaraqe, K., Petrovski, G., & Abdul-Ghani, M. (2018). Integrated system approach for a diabetic monitoring system. 1037-1042.
- Eggen, S., & Sasangohar, F. (2017). Contribution of Technical and Human Factors to “No Fault Found” Events. Proceedings of the Human Factors and Ergonomics Society. 61(1), 1679-1679.