As senior associate dean, Ashley oversees graduate education and research activities as well as strategic planning, faculty affairs, student affairs, program development, diversity, assessment, communications and external relations, student services, and extended education programs in the Bush School. Ashley also teaches a course in Managing Diversity in Public and Non Profit Organizations.
- Ed.D. in Physical Education, University of Alabama, Tuscaloosa - (Tuscaloosa, Alabama, United States) 1986
- M.A. in Health, Physical Education, and Recreation, University of Alabama, Tuscaloosa - (Tuscaloosa, Alabama, United States) 1976
- B.S. in Health, Physical Education, and Safety, Louisiana College - (Pineville, Kentucky, United States) 1975
- Sagas, M., Cunningham, G. B., Wigley, B. J., & Ashley, F. B. (2000). Internet coverage of university softball and baseball Web sites: The inequity continues. SOCIOLOGY OF SPORT JOURNAL. 17(2), 198-205.
- Sagas, M., Cunningham, G. B., & Ashley, F. (2000). Examining a Woman's Coaching Deficit through the Perspective of Assistant Coaches. International Journal of Sport Management. 1(4), 267-282.
- Ashley, F., Dollar, J., Wigley, B., & Gillentine, J. A (2000). Professional wrestling fans: Your next-door neighbors?. Sport Marketing Quarterly. 9(3), 24-32.
- Ashley, F (2000). Intercollegiate Athletics: Back to the Future II: A Comparison With Branch and Crow Five Years Later. Sport Marketing Quarterly. 9(2), 77-84.
- Wigley, B. J., & Ashley, F. B (1999). A Review of Legislative Action Concerning Home-Schooled Students and Participation in Public School Athletics. Journal of Legal Aspects of Sport. 9(1), 19-25.
- Sagas, M., Cunningham, G. B., Wigley, B. J., & Ashley, F. (2003). Internet coverage of university softball and baseball websites: The inequity continues. Rowe, D. (Eds.), Sport, culture and the media: the unruly trinity. 340-349. McGraw-Hill Education (UK).