- Clinical Associate Professor, Veterinary Pathobiology, College of Veterinary Medicine and Biomedical Sciences
I am primarily interested in wildlife disease prevention and management. I have done research and management on diseases such as anthrax, brucellosis, and chronic wasting disease. I have also done work with chemical immobilization agents. I am also interested in pharmacokinetics and drug withdrawal of antibiotics and immobilizing agents.
- Cook, W. E., & Jessup, D. A. (2015). Common ground for feral cats.. J Am Vet Med Assoc. 247(2), 141-142.
- Walter, E. C. (2014). Losing Our Dear Antibiotics. Poultry Fisheries & Wildlife Sciences. 2(2),
- Cook, W. E., Raisbeck, M. F., Cornish, T. E., Williams, E. S., Brown, B., Hiatt, G., & Kreeger, T. J. (2007). Paresis and Death in Elk (Cervus elaphus) Due to Lichen Intoxication in Wyoming. Journal of Wildlife Diseases. 43(3), 498-503.
- Naugle, D. E., Aldridge, C. L., Walker, B. L., Cornish, T. E., Moynahan, B. J., Holloran, M. J., ... Boyce, M. S. (2004). West Nile virus: pending crisis for greater sage‐grouse. Ecology Letters. 7(8), 704-713.
- Kreeger, T. J., Cook, W. E., Edwards, W. H., & Cornish, T. (2004). Brucellosis in Captive Rocky Mountain Bighorn Sheep (Ovis canadensis) Caused by Brucella abortus Biovar 4. Journal of Wildlife Diseases. 40(2), 311-315.
- Nunez, Chase Michael (2019-12). The Use of Drugs in Captive White-Tailed Deer (Odocoileus virginianus): An Evaluation of Two Common Extra-Label Drug Uses in the Deer Breeding Industry. (Master's Thesis)