- Clinical Associate Professor, Veterinary Pathobiology, College of Veterinary Medicine and Biomedical Sciences
I am primarily interested in wildlife disease prevention and management. I have done research and management on diseases such as anthrax, brucellosis, and chronic wasting disease. I have also done work with chemical immobilization agents. I am also interested in pharmacokinetics and drug withdrawal of antibiotics and immobilizing agents.
- Benn Felix, J., Chaki, S. P., Xu, Y. i., Ficht, T. A., Rice-Ficht, A. C., & Cook, W. E. (2020). Protective antibody response following oral vaccination with microencapsulated Bacillus Anthracis Sterne strain 34F2 spores.. npj Vaccines. 5(1), 59.
- Benn Felix, J., Chaki, S. P., Ficht, T. A., Rice-Ficht, A. C., & Cook, W. (2019). Bacillus anthracis Sterne Strain 34f2 Vaccine Antibody Dose Response by Subcutaneous and Oral Administration. Poultry Fisheries & Wildlife Sciences. 07(02), 1-6.
- Hairgrove, T. B., Rodgers, S., Cook, W., Budke, C., & Smith, W. B. (2018). Review of epizootic hemorrhagic disease in cattle and a study defining seroprevalence of epizootic hemorrhagic disease virus serotype 2 in Texas cattle. The Bovine Practitioner. 10-15.
- Edmunds, D. R., Albeke, S. E., Grogan, R. G., Lindzey, F. G., Legg, D. E., Cook, W. E., ... Cornish, T. E. (2018). Chronic wasting disease influences activity and behavior in white‐tailed deer. Journal of Wildlife Management. 82(1), 138-154.
- Cook, W., Cain, D., Hensley, T., Bluntzer, W., Lance, W., Dobson, L., ... Davis, D. (2016). Tissue residue levels of florfenicol, ceftiofur, tulathromycin, oxytetracycline, cydectin in white-tailed deer (Odocoileus virginanus) at 11, 21, and 31 days post intramuscular injection. Small Ruminant Research. 144, 234-235.
- Kauffman, M., Peck, D., Scurlock, B., Logan, J., Robinson, T., Cook, W., Boroff, K., & Schumaker, B. (2016). Risk assessment and management of brucellosis in the southern greater Yellowstone area (I): A citizen-science based risk model for bovine brucellosis transmission from elk to cattle. Preventive Veterinary Medicine. 132, 88-97.
- Edmunds, D. R., Kauffman, M. J., Schumaker, B. A., Lindzey, F. G., Cook, W. E., Kreeger, T. J., Grogan, R. G., & Cornish, T. E. (2016). Chronic Wasting Disease Drives Population Decline of White-Tailed Deer. PLoS ONE. 11(8), e0161127-e0161127.
- Adetunji, S. A., Krecek, R. C., Castellanos, G., Morrill, J. C., Blue-McLendon, A., Cook, W. E., & Esteve-Gassent, M. D. (2016). Seroprevalence of Borrelia burgdorferi antibodies in white-tailed deer from Texas. International Journal for Parasitology Parasites and Wildlife. 5(2), 168-174.
- Speiser, K. L., Schumaker, B. A., Cook, W. E., Cornish, T. E., Cammack, K. M., & Miller, M. M. (2016). Comparison of the humoral response between sheep vaccinated with a killed-virus vaccine and those vaccinated with a modified-live virus vaccine against bluetongue virus serotype 17.. J Am Vet Med Assoc. 248(9), 1043-1049.
- Cook, W., Cain, D., & Hensley, T. (2016). Tissue Residue Levels of Butorphanol, Azaperone, Medetomidine, Atipamezole, and Naltrexone in White-tailed Deer (Odocoileus virginanus) at 11 and 21 Days Post Intramuscular Injection. Poultry Fisheries & Wildlife Sciences. 04(02), 1-2.
- Nunez, Chase Michael (2019-12). The Use of Drugs in Captive White-Tailed Deer (Odocoileus virginianus): An Evaluation of Two Common Extra-Label Drug Uses in the Deer Breeding Industry. (Master's Thesis)