I have an interest in the core values and benefits of scholarly communications (e.g., scholarly impact, research information management systems, linked data, identifiers, repositories, and research data curation). The long-term goals of my research are to improve our understanding of the best practices and needs of scholarly communication services in different contexts, as well as to inform the design of information and data management tools and instructions. I am particularly interested in implementing VIVO application (e.g., Scholars@TAMU) and integrating digital asset management systems (e.g., RIM systems, identifiers, altmetrics, repositories). Edited on 20200212.
- Ph.D. in Information Studies, Florida State University - (Tallahassee, Florida, United States) 2015
- M.S. in Information Management, University of Washington - (Seattle, Washington, United States) 2010
- B.S. in Computer Information Systems, Grove City College - (Grove City, Pennsylvania, United States) 2008
- Lee, D. J., Stvilia, B., & Wu, S. (2018). Toward a metadata model for research information management systems. Library Hi Tech.
- Stvilia, B., Wu, S., & Lee, D. J. (2018). Researchers' participation in and motivations for engaging with research information management systems.. PLoS ONE. 13(2), e0193459.
- Stvilia, B., Wu, S., & Lee, D. J. (2018). Researchers' uses of and disincentives for sharing their research identity information in research information management systems. JOURNAL OF THE ASSOCIATION FOR INFORMATION SCIENCE AND TECHNOLOGY. 69(8), 1035-1045.
- Graham, S., Lee, D. J., Radio, E., & Tarver, H. (2018). \"Who is this?\" Moving from authority control to identity management. 22(5), 24-27.
- Wu, S., Stvilia, B., & Lee, D. J. (2017). Readers, Personal Record Managers, and Community Members: An Exploratory Study of Researchers' Participation in Online Research Information Management Systems. Journal of Library Metadata. 17(2), 1-34.
- Wu, S., Stvilia, B., & Lee, D. J. (2013). Authority control for scientific data: The case of molecular biology. Miksa, S. (Eds.), Functional future for bibliographic control. Taylor & Francis Books.
- Lee, D. J., Mutya, K., Herbert, B. E., & Mejia, E. V. (2019). Exploring Scholarly Impact Metrics in Receipt of Highly Prestigious Awards. ADVANCED DATA MINING AND APPLICATIONS, PROCEEDINGS. 11420, 147-153.
- Lee, D. J., Stvilia, B., & Wu, S. (2017). Studying service and metadata models of research information management systems. 626-630.
- Wu, S., Stvilia, B., & Lee, D. J. (2017). How do Chinese researchers use research information management systems?: An exploratory study. Proceedings of the Association for Information Science and Techonlogy. 54(1), 829-830.
- Lee, D. J., Stvilia, B., & Wu, S. (2017). Practices of metadata use in research information management systems. Proceedings of the Association for Information Science and Techonlogy. 54(1), 734-735.
- Wu, S., Stvilia, B., & Lee, D. J. (2016). Exploring researchers' participation in online research identity management systems. Proceedings of the Association for Information Science and Techonlogy. 53(1), 1-6.
Institutional Repository Documents8
- Welling, W. S., Lee, D. J., Hahn, D., Savell, J., Day, K. A., Mejia, E., & Herbert, B. E. (2019). Scholars@TAMU Texas A&M University Libraries’.
- Herbert, B. E., Lee, D. J., Hahn, D., & Mejia, E. (2019). Using Campus Needs Involving Tenure & Promotion, Interdisciplinary Collaborations, and Institutional Research to Drive the Evolution of VIVO at Texas A&M University.
- Lee, D. J., Herbert, B., Mejia, E., Hahn, D., & Bolton, M. (2018). Characterizing College-level Research Strengths Using Data from a Research Information Management System.
- Stokes, C. K., Lowe, D. B., Lee, D. J., Ho, J., Chubaryan, T., & Creel, J. S. (2018). Report of the DAMENames Ad Hoc Committee.
- Lee, D. J., Mejia, E., Hahn, D., Herbert, B., & Bolton, M. (2016). Classifying Interdisciplinary Research in Scholars@TAMU.
- Irene B. Hoadley Professorship conferred by Texas A&M University - (College Station, Texas, United States) - Two year term award 2018