I have an interest in the core values and benefits of scholarly communications (e.g., scholarly impact, research information management systems, linked data, identifiers, repositories, and research data curation). The long-term goals of my research are to improve our understanding of the best practices and needs of scholarly communication services in different contexts, as well as to inform the design of information and data management tools and instructions. I am particularly interested in implementing VIVO application (e.g., Scholars@TAMU) and integrating digital asset management systems (e.g., RIM systems, identifiers, altmetrics, repositories). Edited on 20200212.
- Ph.D. in Information Studies, Florida State University - (Tallahassee, Florida, United States) 2015
- M.S. in Information Management, University of Washington - (Seattle, Washington, United States) 2010
- B.S. in Computer Information Systems, Grove City College - (Grove City, Pennsylvania, United States) 2008
- Lee, D. J., & Stvilia, B. (2014). Developing a Data Identifier Taxonomy. Cataloging & Classification Quarterly. 52(3), 303-336.
- Wu, S., Stvilia, B., & Lee, D. J. (2012). Authority Control for Scientific Data: The Case of Molecular Biology. Journal of Library Metadata. 12(2-3), 61-82.
- Wu, S., Stvilia, B., & Lee, D. J. (2013). Authority control for scientific data: The case of molecular biology. Miksa, S. (Eds.), Functional future for bibliographic control. Taylor & Francis Books.
- Lee, D. J., Mutya, K., Herbert, B. E., & Mejia, E. V. (2019). Exploring Scholarly Impact Metrics in Receipt of Highly Prestigious Awards. ADVANCED DATA MINING AND APPLICATIONS, PROCEEDINGS. 11420, 147-153.
- Lee, D. J., Stvilia, B., & Wu, S. (2017). Studying service and metadata models of research information management systems. 626-630.
- Wu, S., Stvilia, B., & Lee, D. J. (2017). How do Chinese researchers use research information management systems?: An exploratory study. Proceedings of the Association for Information Science and Techonlogy. 54(1), 829-830.
- Lee, D. J., Stvilia, B., & Wu, S. (2017). Practices of metadata use in research information management systems. Proceedings of the Association for Information Science and Techonlogy. 54(1), 734-735.
- Wu, S., Stvilia, B., & Lee, D. J. (2016). Exploring researchers' participation in online research identity management systems. Proceedings of the Association for Information Science and Techonlogy. 53(1), 1-6.
- Lee, D. J., & Stvilia, B. (2014). Data curation practices in institutional repositories: An exploratory study. Proceedings of the ASIS Annual Meeting. 51(1), 1-4.
- Stvilia, B., Hinnant, C. C., Wu, S., Worrall, A., Lee, D. J., Burnett, K., ... Marty, P. F. (2013). Studying the data practices of a scientific community. PROCEEDINGS OF THE 7TH ACM/IEE JOINT CONFERENCE ON DIGITAL LIBRARIES. 425-426.
- Wu, S., Stvilia, B., & Lee, D. J. (2012). Data determination, disambiguation, and referencing in molecular biology. Opening Information Horizons. 363-364.
- Baeg, J. H., Choi, W., Lee, D. J., & Lee, J. (2012). The impact of the public library on early reading achievement: using the Early Childhood Longitudinal Study (ECLS) 1 st grade student sample. 538-540.
- Lee, D. J., & Stvilia, B. (2012). Identifier schemas and research data. Proceedings of the ASIS Annual Meeting. 49(1), 1-4.
- Irene B. Hoadley Professorship conferred by Texas A&M University - (College Station, Texas, United States) - Two year term award 2018