I have an interest in the core values and benefits of scholarly communications (e.g., scholarly impact, research information management systems, linked data, identifiers, repositories, and research data curation). The long-term goals of my research are to improve our understanding of the best practices and needs of scholarly communication services in different contexts, as well as to inform the design of information and data management tools and instructions. I am particularly interested in implementing VIVO application (e.g., Scholars@TAMU) and integrating digital asset management systems (e.g., RIM systems, identifiers, altmetrics, repositories). Edited on 20200212.
- Ph.D. in Information Studies, Florida State University - (Tallahassee, Florida, United States) 2015
- M.S. in Information Management, University of Washington - (Seattle, Washington, United States) 2010
- B.S. in Computer Information Systems, Grove City College - (Grove City, Pennsylvania, United States) 2008
- Graham, S., Lee, D. J., Radio, E., & Tarver, H. (2018). \"Who is this?\" Moving from authority control to identity management. 22(5), 24-27.
- Wu, S., Stvilia, B., & Lee, D. J. (2017). Readers, Personal Record Managers, and Community Members: An Exploratory Study of Researchers' Participation in Online Research Information Management Systems. Journal of Library Metadata. 17(2), 1-34.
- Stvilia, B., Hinnant, C. C., Wu, S., Worrall, A., Lee, D. J., Burnett, K., ... Marty, P. F. (2017). Toward collaborator selection and determination of data ownership and publication authorship in research collaborations. LIBRARY & INFORMATION SCIENCE RESEARCH. 39(2), 85-97.
- Lee, D. J., & Stvilia, B. (2017). Practices of research data curation in institutional repositories: A qualitative view from repository staff.. PLoS ONE. 12(3), e0173987.
- Stvilia, B., Hinnant, C. C., Wu, S., Worrall, A., Lee, D. J., Burnett, K., ... Marty, P. F. (2015). Research project tasks, data, and perceptions of data quality in a condensed matter physics community. JOURNAL OF THE ASSOCIATION FOR INFORMATION SCIENCE AND TECHNOLOGY. 66(2), 246-263.
- Wu, S., Stvilia, B., & Lee, D. J. (2013). Authority control for scientific data: The case of molecular biology. Miksa, S. (Eds.), Functional future for bibliographic control. Taylor & Francis Books.
Institutional Repository Documents9
- Welling, W. S., Lee, D. J., Hahn, D., Savell, J., Day, K. A., Mejia, E., & Herbert, B. E. (2019). Scholars@TAMU Texas A&M University Libraries’.
- Herbert, B. E., Lee, D. J., Hahn, D., & Mejia, E. (2019). Using Campus Needs Involving Tenure & Promotion, Interdisciplinary Collaborations, and Institutional Research to Drive the Evolution of VIVO at Texas A&M University.
- Stokes, C. K., Lowe, D. B., Lee, D. J., Ho, J., Chubaryan, T., & Creel, J. S. (2018). Report of the DAMENames Ad Hoc Committee.
- Lee, D. J., Herbert, B., Mejia, E., Hahn, D., & Bolton, M. (2018). Characterizing College-level Research Strengths Using Data from a Research Information Management System.
- Irene B. Hoadley Professorship conferred by Texas A&M University - (College Station, Texas, United States) - Two year term award 2018