Dr. Taehyun Roh has a broad background in environmental health, with specific training and expertise in toxicology and epidemiology. His current research focus is epidemiological studies of the chronic health effects of drinking water contaminants including arsenic. His earlier research topics include mechanistic toxicological studies across in vitro/in vivo experiments, and exposure and risk assessment of environmental contaminants. He is a Registered Pharmacist in Korea.
- University of California, Berkeley - (Berkeley, California, United States), Postdoctoral Training 2019
- Ph.D. in Human Toxicology, University of Iowa - (Iowa City, Iowa, United States) 2016
- M.Sc. in Pharmacy, Sungkyunkwan University - (Seoul, South Korea) 2010
- B.Pharm. in Pharmacy, Sungkyunkwan University - (Seoul, South Korea) 2008
- Smith, A. H., Marshall, G., Roh, T., Ferreccio, C., Liaw, J., & Steinmaus, C. (2018). Lung, Bladder, and Kidney Cancer Mortality 40 Years After Arsenic Exposure Reduction.. J Natl Cancer Inst. 110(3), 241-249.
- Choi, S. M., Roh, T. H., Lim, D. S., Kacew, S., Kim, H. S., & Lee, B. (2018). Risk assessment of benzalkonium chloride in cosmetic products. Journal of toxicology and environmental health. Part B, Critical reviews. 21(1), 1-16.
- Roh, T., Lynch, C. F., Weyer, P., Wang, K., Kelly, K. M., & Ludewig, G. (2017). Low-level arsenic exposure from drinking water is associated with prostate cancer in Iowa. ENVIRONMENTAL RESEARCH. 159, 338-343.
- Kim, K., Kim, Y. W., Lim, S. K., Roh, T. H., Bang, D. Y., Choi, S. M., ... Lee, B. (2017). Risk assessment of zinc oxide, a cosmetic ingredient used as a UV filter of sunscreens. Journal of toxicology and environmental health. Part B, Critical reviews. 20(3), 155-182.
- Kim, M. J., Kwack, S. J., Lim, S. K., Kim, Y. J., Roh, T. H., Choi, S. M., Kim, H. S., & Lee, B. M. (2015). Toxicological evaluation of isopropylparaben and isobutylparaben mixture in Sprague–Dawley rats following 28 days of dermal exposure. Regulatory Toxicology and Pharmacology. 73(2), 544-551.