Dr. McKyer is an expert in 1) community-based participatory approaches, 2) social and structural determinants of health disparities & inequities - especially for racial/ethnic minorities, and 3) professional and organizational preparation for climate and diversity among health professions.
- Ph.D. in Health Behavior, Indiana University Bloomington - (Bloomington, Indiana, United States) 2005
- M.P.H. in Community Health, Indiana University Bloomington - (Bloomington, Indiana, United States) 2000
- B.A. in Psychology, California State University, Northridge - (Northridge, California, United States) 1995
- Fan, Q., Roque, M., Nuzhath, T., Hossain, M. M., Jin, X., Aggad, R., ... Ma, P. (2021). Changes in Levels and Determinants of Maternal Health Service Utilization in Ethiopia: Comparative Analysis of Two Rounds Ethiopian Demographic and Health Surveys. Maternal and Child Health Journal. 25(10), 1595-1606.
- Egbuonye, N. C., Ishdorj, A., McKyer, E., & Mkuu, R. (2021). Examining the Dietary Diversity of Children in Niger. Nutrients. 13(9), 2961-2961.
- Hossain, M. M., Rahman, M., Trisha, N. F., Tasnim, S., Nuzhath, T., Hasan, N. T., ... Ma, P. (2021). Prevalence of anxiety and depression in South Asia during COVID-19: A systematic review and meta-analysis. Heliyon. 7(4), e06677-e06677.
- Bowman, A., Knack, J. M., Barry, A. E., Merianos, A. L., Wilson, K. L., McKyer, E., & Smith, M. L. (2021). Self-Perceptions and Factors Associated With Being Put Down at School Among Middle and High School Students.. J Sch Nurs. 37(4), 270-279.
- Hossain, M., Tasnim, S., Sultana, A., Faizah, F., Mazumder, H., Zou, L., ... Ma, P. (2020). Epidemiology of mental health problems in COVID-19: a review. F1000Res. 9, 636-636.
- Dawkins-Moultin, L., McKyer, E. L., & McDonald, A. (2018). Abstract C10: Raising HPV awareness in immigrant populations: Are health educators prepared to address health literacy challenges?. c10-c10.
- Dawkins-Moultin, L., McKyer, E. L., & McDonald, A. (2018). Raising HPV awareness in immigrant populations: Are health educators prepared to address health literacy challenges?. CANCER EPIDEMIOLOGY BIOMARKERS & PREVENTION. 27(7), 160-160.
- Fleary, S., Byrd, V. M., Heffer, R. W., & McKyer, E. L. (2010). IMPACT OF GROWING UP WITH A CHRONICALLY ILL SIBLING ON WELL SIBLINGS' EARLY ADULTHOOD FUNCTIONING. Ann Behav Med. 39, 24-24.
- Rural Health Research Grant Program Cooperative Agreement awarded by DHHS-HRSA-Office of Rural Health Policy 2016 - 2020