Research in the NeuroErgonomics Lab utilizes theories, methods, and techniques from physiology, biomechanics, neuroscience, psychology, and public health to better understand operator behavior and capabilities when interacting with simple and complex work systems. HF/E investigations involve examining multifactorial causes and consequences of operator stress and fatigue, brain-behavior relationships with changing workforce demographics (aging, obesity), and development of HF/E tools to assess operator health and performance in hazardous work environments.
- Ph.D. in Industrial and Systems Engineering, Virginia Tech - (Blacksburg, Virginia, United States) 2011
- M.S. in Industrial and Systems Engineering, Virginia Tech - (Blacksburg, Virginia, United States) 2009
- M.E. in Industrial Engineering, University at Buffalo, State University of New York - (Buffalo, New York, United States) 2006
- B.E. in Production Engineering, University of Mumbai - (Mumbai, Maharashtra, India) 2004
- Zhu, Y., Jayagopal, J. K., Mehta, R. K., Erraguntla, M., Nuamah, J., McDonald, A. D., Taylor, H., & Chang, S. (2020). Classifying Major Depressive Disorder Using fNIRS During Motor Rehabilitation. IEEE Trans Neural Syst Rehabil Eng. 28(4), 961-969.
- Zahabi, M., Razak, A., Shortz, A. E., Mehta, R. K., & Manser, M. (2020). Evaluating advanced driver-assistance system trainings using driver performance, attention allocation, and neural efficiency measures. Appl Ergon. 84, 103036-103036.
- Garrett, G., Zhao, H., Pickens, A., Mehta, R., Preston, L., Powell, A., & Benden, M. (2019). Computer-based Prompt's impact on postural variability and sit-stand desk usage behavior; a cluster randomized control trial. Appl Ergon. 79, 17-24.
- Shortz, A. E., Mehta, R. K., Peres, S. C., Benden, M. E., & Zheng, Q. i. (2019). Development of the Fatigue Risk Assessment and Management in High-Risk Environments (FRAME) Survey: A Participatory Approach. Int J Environ Res Public Health. 16(4), 522-522.
- Zhu, Y., Rodriguez-Paras, C., Rhee, J., & Mehta, R. K. (2019). Methodological Approaches and Recommendations for Functional Near-Infrared Spectroscopy Applications in HF/E Research.. HUMAN FACTORS. 18720819845275-001872081984527.
- Parasuraman, R., & Mehta, R. K. (2015). Neuroergonomic Methods for the Evaluation of Physical and Cognitive Work. Wilson, J. R., & Sharples, S. (Eds.), Evaluation of Human Work. (pp. 609-638). CRC Press.
- Pankey, R. B., Mehta, R., Woosley, J., Shortz, A., & Yoshikawa, A. (2014). A Comparison Of Four Sensory Condition Protocols on the mCTSIB Balance Tests In Aging Adults. MEDICINE AND SCIENCE IN SPORTS AND EXERCISE. 46(5), 690-691.
- Mehta, R. K., Liu, J., Shortz, A. E., Yoshikawa, A., Lee, S. D., Pankey, R. B., ... Ory, M. G. (2014). Functional and biomechanical assessments of a matter of Balance/Volunteer Lay Leader model: A pilot investigation. Proceedings of the Human Factors and Ergonomics Society. 2014-January(1), 185-189.
- Shortz, A. E., & Mehta, R. K. (2014). The Impact of cognitive fatigue on age-related differences in neuromuscular function: A neuroergonomic approach. Proceedings of the Human Factors and Ergonomics Society. 2014-January(1), 1924-1928.
- Ritchey, P., Peres, S. C., & Mehta, R. K. (2014). User interface biomechanics: Does The interaction design of the user interface impact ergonomic risk factors?. Proceedings of the Human Factors and Ergonomics Society. 2014-January(1), 2003-2007.
- Shortz, A. E., & Mehta, R. K. (2013). Neural and muscular alterations in healthy and obese during intermittent static exertions. 1956-1961.
- Ritchey, Paul Daniel (2017-08). Development and Validation of the Self-report Ergonomic Assessment Tool (SEAT). (Doctoral Dissertation)
- Shortz, Ashley (2015-08). The Impact of Cognitive Fatigue on Age-Related Differences in Neuromuscular Function. (Master's Thesis)
- Osofundiya, Olufunmilola Aduke (2015-05). The Impact of Obesity on Walking and Dual-Task Situations in Older Adults: A Prefrontal fNIRS Study. (Master's Thesis)