Research in the NeuroErgonomics Lab utilizes theories, methods, and techniques from physiology, biomechanics, neuroscience, psychology, and public health to better understand operator behavior and capabilities when interacting with simple and complex work systems. HF/E investigations involve examining multifactorial causes and consequences of operator stress and fatigue, brain-behavior relationships with changing workforce demographics (aging, obesity), and development of HF/E tools to assess operator health and performance in hazardous work environments.
- Ph.D. in Industrial and Systems Engineering, Virginia Tech - (Blacksburg, Virginia, United States) 2011
- M.S. in Industrial and Systems Engineering, Virginia Tech - (Blacksburg, Virginia, United States) 2009
- M.E. in Industrial Engineering, University at Buffalo, State University of New York - (Buffalo, New York, United States) 2006
- B.E. in Production Engineering, University of Mumbai - (Mumbai, Maharashtra, India) 2004
- Nuamah, J. K., Mantooth, W., Karthikeyan, R., Mehta, R. K., & Ryu, S. C. (2019). Neural Efficiency of Human-Robotic Feedback Modalities Under Stress Differs With Gender. Front Hum Neurosci. 13, 287.
- Cavuoto, L. A., Pajoutan, M., & Mehta, R. K. (2019). Reliability analyses and values of isometric shoulder flexion and trunk extension strengths stratified by body mass index. PLoS ONE. 14(7), e0219090-e0219090.
- Sharma, P. P., Mehta, R. K., Pickens, A., Han, G., & Benden, M. (2019). Sit-Stand Desk Software Can Now Monitor and Prompt Office Workers to Change Health Behaviors. HUMAN FACTORS. 61(5), 816-824.
- Sharma, P., Pickens, A., Mehta, R., Han, G., & Benden, M. E. (2019). Smart Software Can Increase Sit-Stand Desk Transitions During Active Computer Use. Int J Environ Res Public Health. 16(13), 2438-2438.
- Nuamah, J. K., Sasangohar, F., Erranguntla, M., & Mehta, R. K. (2019). The past, present and future of opioid withdrawal assessment: a scoping review of scales and technologies. BMC MEDICAL INFORMATICS AND DECISION MAKING. 19(1), 113.
- Parasuraman, R., & Mehta, R. K. (2015). Neuroergonomic Methods for the Evaluation of Physical and Cognitive Work. Wilson, J. R., & Sharples, S. (Eds.), Evaluation of Human Work. (pp. 609-638). CRC Press.
- Aljihmani, L., Zhu, Y., Abbas, H. T., Mehta, R., Sasangohar, F., Erraguntla, M., ... IEEE, .. (2019). Spectral Analysis of Hand Tremors Induced during a Fatigue Test. PROCEEDINGS OF THE 21ST IEEE INTERNATIONAL SYMPOSIUM ON COMPUTER-BASED MEDICAL SYSTEMS. 2019-June, 658-663.
- Mehta, R. K. (2017). Addressing worker fatigue issues in the oil and gas extraction industry. 444-450.
- Rhee, J., Dillards, T., Nzoiwu, M., & Mehta, R. K. (2017). Effect of social stress on motor function in older adults: An fNIRS investigation. Proceedings of the Human Factors and Ergonomics Society. 2017-October(1), 31-31.
- Mantooth, W., Zhu, Y., & Mehta, R. K. (2017). Ergonomic evaluation of office furniture on team dynamics. Proceedings of the Human Factors and Ergonomics Society. 2017-October(1), 1858-1858.
- Shortz, A. E., Franke, M., Kilic, E. S., Peres, S. C., & Mehta, R. K. (2017). Evaluation of offshore shiftwork using heart rate variability. Proceedings of the Human Factors and Ergonomics Society. 2017-October(1), 1036-1039.
- Ritchey, Paul Daniel (2017-08). Development and Validation of the Self-report Ergonomic Assessment Tool (SEAT). (Doctoral Dissertation)
- Shortz, Ashley (2015-08). The Impact of Cognitive Fatigue on Age-Related Differences in Neuromuscular Function. (Master's Thesis)
- Osofundiya, Olufunmilola Aduke (2015-05). The Impact of Obesity on Walking and Dual-Task Situations in Older Adults: A Prefrontal fNIRS Study. (Master's Thesis)