Our laboratory is interested in cell cycle and transcriptional regulation during development and tumorigenesis. Using Drosophila and cultured human cancer cell lines as model systems, we combine genetic, cell biological, and biochemical approaches to elucidate the molecular and genetic regulatory circuits that control cell proliferation and gene expression. Specifically, our major focus is to study the functions and regulation of Cyclin-dependent kinase 8 (CDK8).
- Massachusetts General Hospital - (Boston, Massachusetts, United States), Postdoctoral Training 2009
- Ph.D. in Zoology, University of Washington - (Seattle, Washington, United States) 2003
- M.Sc. in Developmental Biology, Chinese Academy of Sciences - (Beijing, Beijing, China) 1997
- B.Sc. in Cell Biology, Lanzhou University - (Lanzhou, China) 1994
- Zhao, B., Du, F., Xu, P., Shu, C., Sankaran, B., Bell, S. L., ... Li, P. (2019). A conserved PLPLRT/SD motif of STING mediates the recruitment and activation of TBK1.. NATURE. 569(7758), 718-722.
- Li, X., Liu, M., & Ji, J. (2019). Understanding Obesity as a Risk Factor for Uterine Tumors Using Drosophila.. MECHANISMS IN THE PATHOGENESIS OF ENTERIC DISEASES 2. 1167, 129-155.
- Ji, J. Y., Han, C., & Deng, W. M. (2019). Understanding human diseases using Drosophila. Journal of Genetics and Genomics.
- Qiao, H. H., Wang, F., Xu, R. G., Sun, J., Zhu, R., Mao, D., ... Ni, J. Q. (2018). An efficient and multiple target transgenic RNAi technique with low toxicity in Drosophila. Nature Communications. 9(1),
- Ma, T., Chengl, Y., Hellard, E. R., Wang, X., Lu, J., Gao, X., ... Wang, J. (2018). Bidirectional and long-lasting control of alcohol-seeking behavior by corticostriatal LTP and LTD. Nature Neuroscience. 21(3), 373-+.
- Wang, C., Ji, J., Tian, L., & Pestell, R. G. (2014). Transcriptional Regulation of Lipogenesis as a Therapeutic Target for Cancer Treatment. Kumar, R. (Eds.), Nuclear Signaling Pathways and Targeting Transcription in Cancer. (pp. 259-275). Springer New York.
- Ji, J., & Dyson, N. J. (2010). Interplay Between Cyclin-Dependent Kinases and E2F-Dependent Transcription. Enders, H. G. (Eds.), Cell Cycle Deregulation in Cancer. (pp. 23-41). Springer New York.