Primary research interests include modeling and improving project management processes, early estimating and cost management, leading indicators to project outcomes, innovative project delivery and contracting systems, project process improvement through constructability and accelerated construction process strategies and techniques. Other research interests include the role of owners and contractors in capital projects, front-end planning, and impact of organizational change on project development and execution processes.
- Kermanshachi, S., Dao, B., Rouhanizadeh, B., Shane, J., & Anderson, S. (2020). Development of the Project Complexity Assessment and Management Framework for Heavy Industrial Projects. International Journal of Construction Education and Research. 16(1), 1-19.
- Sadatsafavi, H., Kim, A. A., Anderson, S. D., & Bishop, P. (2019). Scenario Planning Application in US Highway Transportation Industry. JOURNAL OF INFRASTRUCTURE SYSTEMS. 25(2), 05019002-05019002.
- Dao, B., Kermanshachi, S., Shane, J., Anderson, S., & Hare, E. (2017). Exploring and Assessing Project Complexity. JOURNAL OF CONSTRUCTION ENGINEERING AND MANAGEMENT. 143(5), 04016126-04016126.
- Kim, A. A., Sadatsafavi, H., Anderson, S. D., & Bishop, P. (2017). Preparing for the Future of Transportation Construction: Strategies for State Transportation Agencies. JOURNAL OF MANAGEMENT IN ENGINEERING. 33(3), 04016045-04016045.
- Kim, A., Haberl, J., & Anderson, S. (2016). Comparison between current industry methods and an energy simulation model for quantifying energy service projects. Journal of Architectural Engineering. 22(2), 04015016-04015016.
- Thompson, B. P., Anderson, S. D., Russell, J. S., & Hanna, A. S. (2007). Guidelines for warranty contracting for highway construction. Alternative Project Delivery, Procurement, and Contracting Methods for Highways. (pp. 113-128). American Society of Civil Engineers.
- Kermanshachi, S., Anderson, S., Molenaar, K. R., & Schexnayder, C. (2018). Effectiveness Assessment of Transportation Cost Estimation and Cost Management Workforce Educational Training for Complex Projects. 82-93.
- Sadatsafavi, H., Kim, A., Anderson, S. D., & Bishop, P. (2017). Using Scenario Planning for Identifying Major Future Trends and Their Implications for State Transportation Agencies. 237-249.
- Kermanshachi, S., Dao, B., Shane, J., & Anderson, S. (2016). An Empirical Study into Identifying Project Complexity Management Strategies. WORLD MULTIDISCIPLINARY CIVIL ENGINEERING-ARCHITECTURE-URBAN PLANNING SYMPOSIUM 2016, WMCAUS 2016. 145, 603-610.
- Dao, B., Kermanshachi, S., Shane, J., Anderson, S., & Hare, E. (2016). Identifying and Measuring Project Complexity. WORLD MULTIDISCIPLINARY CIVIL ENGINEERING-ARCHITECTURE-URBAN PLANNING SYMPOSIUM 2016, WMCAUS 2016. 145, 476-482.
- Dao, B., Kermanshachi, S., Shane, J., & Anderson, S. (2016). Project Complexity Assessment and Management Tool. WORLD MULTIDISCIPLINARY CIVIL ENGINEERING-ARCHITECTURE-URBAN PLANNING SYMPOSIUM 2016, WMCAUS 2016. 145, 491-496.
- Soltani, Zohreh (2018-12). Investigating the Persuasiveness of Forensic Information Models for Jurors in Construction Disputes. (Doctoral Dissertation)
- Kermanshachi, Sharareh (2016-08). Decision Making and Uncertainty Analysis in Success of Construction Projects. (Doctoral Dissertation)
- Hessami, Amir (2015-08). A Risk- and Performance-based Infrastructure Asset Management Framework. (Doctoral Dissertation)
- Mustafa, Azad Jabbar (2015-05). Organizational Project Management Maturity Model (OPM3) to Improve Ministery of Construction and Housing (MOCAH) Within Kurdistan Regional Government. (Master's Thesis)
- Zheng, Yue (2014-12). Cost Estimating Database and Prototype Tool to Support Design and Construction of Rural and Small Urban Transit Facilities. (Master's Thesis)