Phillip Gray joined the Texas A&M University at Qatar Political Science faculty in the Fall 2012 semester. Previously, he taught at numerous institutions in Hong Kong as well as at the United States Coast Guard Academy. His areas of research interest include: extremist ideology and organization, comparative political theory, and professional ethics. He currently teaches American Federal Government, American State & Local Government, and Ethics & Engineering.
- Gray, P. W. (2019). Diagnosis versus Ideological Diversity Corrigendum. PS: Political Science & Politics. (4),
- Gray, P. W., & Mattingly-Jordan, S. (2018). A Conservative Critique of Blacksburg. Administration & Society. 50(5), 725-747.
- Gray, P. W. (2018). The fire rises: identity, the alt-right and intersectionality. Journal of Political Ideologies. (2),
- Jordan, S. R., & Gray, P. W (2018). Clarifying the concept of the "Social" in risk assessments for human subjects research.. Account Res. 25(1), 1-20.
- Jordan, S. R., & Gray, P. W (2014). Reporting ethics committee approval in public administration research.. Sci Eng Ethics. 20(1), 77-97.
- Gray, P. W. (2019). Vanguardism Ideology and Organization in Totalitarian Politics. Routledge.
- Jordan, S. R., & Gray, P. W. (2011). The ethics of public administration: The challenges of global governance.
- Gray, P. W (2007). Being in the Just War.
- Gray, P. W (2021). Whiteness as resistance: The intersectionality of the ‘Alt-Right’. Hunter, S., & van der Westhuizen, C. (Eds.), Routledge Handbook of Critical Studies in Whiteness. 328-339. Routledge.
- Gray, P. W (2015). The Limited Virtue of Tolerance in a Globalized World.
- Jordan, S. R., & Gray, P. W (2015). Responsible Conduct of Research Training for Engineers: Adopting Research Ethics Training for Engineering Graduate Students. Philosophy of Engineering and Technology. 213-228. Springer International Publishing.
- Bashir, H., Gray, P. W., & Jehangir, H. B. (2013). Internationalizing Western Higher Education: Observations from the Liberal Arts Core Curriculum and the Engineering Ethics Program at Texas A&M University at Qatar. Weichold, M. H., Hall, K., & Eyad, M. (Eds.), Excellence and Impact of Research at Texas A&M University at Qatar. 211-221. QScience.
- Gray, P. W (2013). Must the Camera Add Twenty Pounds of Ethics?.