My research interests include the adoption, use, management, and implementation of information technology in organizational settings. In particular, I am interested in how organizations give incentive to their employees to use IT in their work.
education and training
- Ph.D. in Information and Management Sciences, Florida State University - (Tallahassee, Florida, United States) 1999
- M.S. in Accounting Information Systems, Brigham Young University - (Provo, Utah, United States) 1994
- B.S. in Accounting, Brigham Young University - (Provo, Utah, United States) 1994
- Vest, J. R., Gamm, L. D., Ohsfeldt, R. L., Zhao, H., & Jasperson, J. (2012). Factors associated with health information exchange system usage in a safety-net ambulatory care clinic setting. J Med Syst. 36(4), 2455-2461.
- Vest, J. R., & Jasperson, '. S. (2012). How are health professionals using health information exchange systems? Measuring usage for evaluation and system improvement.. J Med Syst. 36(5), 3195-3204.
- Vest, J. R., Jasperson, '. S., Zhao, H., Gamm, L. D., & Ohsfeldt, R. L. (2011). Use of a health information exchange system in the emergency care of children. BMC MEDICAL INFORMATICS AND DECISION MAKING. 11(1), 78.
- Vest, J. R., & Jasperson, J. (2010). What should we measure? Conceptualizing usage in health information exchange.. Journal of the American Medical Informatics Association. 17(3), 302-307.
- Shaft, T. M., Albert, L. J., & Jasperson, J. (2008). Managing change in an information systems development organization: Understanding developer transitions from a structured to an object-oriented development environment. Information Systems Journal. 18(3), 275-297.
- Carte, T. A., Jasperson, J. L., & Cornelius, M. E. (2006). Integrating ERD and UML Concepts When Teaching Data Modeling. Journal of Information Systems Education. 17(1), 55-63.
- Jasperson, J., Carter, P. E., & Zmud, R. W. (2005). A comprehensive conceptualization of post-adoptive behaviors associated with information technology enabled work systems. MIS Quarterly: Management Information Systems. 29(3), 525-557.
- Schwarzkopf, A. B., Mejias, R. J., Jasperson, J., Saunders, C. S., & Gruenwald, H. (2004). Effective practices for IT skills staffing. Communications of the ACM. 47(1), 83-88.
- Saunders, C., Carte, T. A., Jasperson, J. L., & Butler, B. S. (2003). Lessons from the Trenches of Metatriangulation Research. Communications of the Association for Information Systems. 11, 245-270.
- Jasperson, J., Carte, T. A., Saunders, C. S., Butler, B. S., Croes, H., & Zheng, W. (2002). Review: Power and information technology research: A metatriangulation review. MIS Quarterly: Management Information Systems. 26(4), 397-434.
recent teaching activities
Texas A&M University; Dept Of Information & Operations Management; 4217 TAMU
College Station, TX 77843-4217