Our research has covered a wide variety of areas in atmospheric chemistry and physics and, in particular, the impacts of global air pollution on human health, ecosystems, and climate.
education and training
- Ph.D. in Atmospheric Chemistry, Massachusetts Institute of Technology - (Cambridge, Massachusetts, United States) 1993
- M.S. in Physics, University of Nevada Reno - (Reno, Nevada, United States) 1989
- B.S. in Atmospheric Sciences, Nanjing Institute of Environmental Sciences - (Nanjing, China) 1983
- Zhang, F., Wang, Y., Peng, J., Chen, L. u., Sun, Y., Duan, L., ... Zhang, R. (2020). An unexpected catalyst dominates formation and radiative forcing of regional haze. Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences of the United States of America. 117(8), 3960-3966.
- Guo, S., Hu, M., Peng, J., Wu, Z., Zamora, M. L., Shang, D., ... Zhang, R. (2020). Remarkable nucleation and growth of ultrafine particles from vehicular exhaust. Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences of the United States of America. 117(7), 3427-3432.
- Wu, G., Brown, J., Zamora, M. L., Miller, A., Satterfield, M. C., Meininger, C. J., ... Zhang, R. (2019). Adverse organogenesis and predisposed long-term metabolic syndrome from prenatal exposure to fine particulate matter. Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences of the United States of America. 116(24), 11590-11595.
- Brooks, S. D., Jickells, T. D., Liss, P. S., Thornton, D., & Zhang, R. (2019). Biogeochemical Coupling between Ocean and Atmosphere-A Tribute to the Lifetime Contribution of Robert A. Duce. JOURNAL OF THE ATMOSPHERIC SCIENCES. 76(11), 3289-3298.
- Wang, Y., Li, Z., Zhang, R., Jin, X., Xu, W., Fan, X., ... Hu, D. (2019). Distinct Ultrafine- and Accumulation-Mode Particle Properties in Clean and Polluted Urban Environments. Geophysical Research Letters. 46(19), 10918-10925.
- Zhang, R., & Wang, G. (2018). Particle acidity and sulfate production during severe haze in China. ABSTRACTS OF PAPERS OF THE AMERICAN CHEMICAL SOCIETY. 256,
- Zamora, M. L., & Zhang, R. (2016). Air pollutants and human health: What have we learned so far?. ABSTRACTS OF PAPERS OF THE AMERICAN CHEMICAL SOCIETY. 252,
- Peng, J., Hu, M., Guo, S., Du, Z., Zheng, J., Shang, D., ... Zhang, R. (2016). Markedly enhanced absorption and direct radiative forcing of black carbon under polluted urban environments. ABSTRACTS OF PAPERS OF THE AMERICAN CHEMICAL SOCIETY. 252,
- Hu, M., Wu, Z., Guo, S., Wang, Z., Yue, D., Wiedensohler, A., ... Zhang, R. (2016). New particle formation under the complex air pollution in China. ABSTRACTS OF PAPERS OF THE AMERICAN CHEMICAL SOCIETY. 252,
- Guo, S., Hu, M., Lin, Y., Gomez, M., Zamora, M., Collins, D., & Zhang, R. (2016). OH-initiated oxidation of m-xylene on black carbon aging. ABSTRACTS OF PAPERS OF THE AMERICAN CHEMICAL SOCIETY. 252,
awards and honors
chaired theses and dissertations
- Vogel, Jonathan 1988- (2012-12). Simulation of Aerosol-Cloud Interactions in the WRF Model at the Southern Great Plains Site. (Master's Thesis)
- Lee, Keun-Hee (2011-12). Modeling the Direct and Indirect Effects of Atmospheric Aerosols on Tropical Cyclones. (Doctoral Dissertation)
- Lal, Vinita (2011-12). Heterogeneous Reactions of Epoxides in Acidic Media. (Master's Thesis)
- Cruz Quinones, Miguel (2009-12). Heterogeneous Reaction of NO2 on Soot Surfaces and the Effect of Soot Aging on its Reactivity Leading to HONO Formation. (Master's Thesis)
- Xue, Huaxin (2009-05). Variation in Morphology, Hygroscopicity, and Optical Properties of Soot Particles Coated by Dicarboxylic Acids. (Master's Thesis)
Texas A&M University; Meteorology; 3150 TAMU
College Station, TX 77843-3150