I have research interests in wellbore heat transfer, transient transport processes, and wellbore/reservoir fluid flow. My current work plan is to develop heat transfer models for subsea completion in deep water settings. Modeling fluid temperature and pressure during shut-in, startup, or rate change is complicated by the coupled nature of these transport processes. We are using numerical and semi-analytical approaches for modeling transient flow of heat, mass, and momentum in wellbores. Future work in this area includes modeling wellbore transient heat transfer to convert wellhead pressure during water injection in unconventional formations. Analysis of warmback data to improve DTS visualization and
interpretation is another important future research topic. Many processes require an integrated approach to modeling fluid flow and pressure drop in both the reservoir and the wellbore. We are using such an approach to better understand the process of liquid
loading of gas wells and well blow out.
- Ph.D. in Chemical Engineering, University of Waterloo - (Waterloo, Ontario, Canada) 1979
- M.S. in Chemical Engineering, University of Waterloo - (Waterloo, Ontario, Canada) 1975
- B.S. in Chemical Engineering, Dhaka University of Engineering & Technology - (Dhaka, Bangladesh) 1972
- Xu, B., Jang, M., Fyfe, D., & Hasan, A. R. (2020). Clean-up period flow rate estimation from Multi Discrete Temperature Sensor data. Journal of Petroleum Science and Engineering. 194, 107452-107452.
- Sleiti, A. K., Takalkar, G., El-Naas, M. H., Abu Rashid Hasan, .., & Rahman, M. A. (2020). Early Gas Kick Detection in Vertical Wells via Transient Multiphase Flow Modelling: A Review. Journal of Natural Gas Science and Engineering. 80, 103391-103391.
- Xu, B., Tang, H., Fyfe, D., & Hasan, A. R. (2020). Analytical modelling of temperature profiles during deepwater drilling operation. Journal of Petroleum Science and Engineering. 184, 106582-106582.
- Qureshi, M. F., Ali, M., Rahman, M. A., Hassan, I., Rasul, G., & Hassan, R. (2019). Experimental Investigation of Multi-Phase Flow in an Annulus Using Electric Resistance Tomography. Society of Petroleum Engineers Journal. 24(5), 1947-1956.
- Zahid, A. A., ur Rehman, S. R., Rushd, S., Hasan, A., & Rahman, M. A. (2018). Experimental investigation of multiphase flow behavior in drilling annuli using high speed visualization technique. Frontiers in Energy. 14(3), 635-643.
- Christou, K., Fyfe, D., & Rashid Hasan, A. (2019). Using high resolution temperature data in appraisal wells to identify the reservoir conditions that can lead to condensate blockage.
- Hasan, A. R., Xu, B., Fyfe, D., & ASME, .. (2018). ANALYTICAL MODELS TO ESTIMATE TEMPERATURE PROFILES DURING DRILLING AND SHUT-IN IN DEEPWATER ENVIRONMENT. PROCEEDINGS OF THE ASME 38TH INTERNATIONAL CONFERENCE ON OCEAN, OFFSHORE AND ARCTIC ENGINEERING, 2019, VOL 2.
- Tang, H., Chai, Z., He, Y., Xu, B., Rashid Hasan, A., & Killough, J. (2018). What happens after the onset of liquid loading? - An insight from coupled well-reservoir simulation. 2018-September,
- Hasan, A. R., Sohel, R. N., & Wang, X. (2017). Estimating Zonal Flow Contributions in Deep Water Assets From Pressure and Temperature Data. 8, v008t11a055-v008t11a055.
- Hashmi, G. M., Kabir, C. S., & Hasan, A. R. (2015). Design and interpretation of transient tests at well's inception. 2015-January, 3960-3979.
- Ahmed, Asif (2018-08). An Analytical Approach to Utilize Temperature and Pressure Profile of a Multi-zone Well in Estimating Zonal Flow Contributions. (Master's Thesis)
- Sohel, Rayhana Nayema (2017-05). Estimating Zonal Flow Contributions in Deep Water Assets using Temperature and Pressure Data. (Master's Thesis)
- Islam, Raka (2017-05). Analytical Model for Fluid Temperature Change During Expansion in the Reservoir. (Master's Thesis)
- Lumban Gaol, Ardhi Hakim (2016-08). Modeling Two-Phase Pipe Flow in Liquid Loading Gas Wells Using The Concept of Characteristic Velocity. (Doctoral Dissertation)
- Liu, Ruochen (2016-05). Modeling of Uncontrolled Fluid Flow in Wellbore and its Prevention. (Doctoral Dissertation)