education and training
- Ph.D. in Performance Studies, Northwestern University - (Evanston, Illinois, United States) 2008
- GradD. in African Studies, Northwestern University - (Evanston, Illinois, United States) 2000
- M.Sc. in Multidisciplinary Studies, Minnesota State University, Mankato - (Mankato, Minnesota, United States) 1998
- M.F.A. in Directing, Minnesota State University, Mankato - (Mankato, Minnesota, United States) 1995
- Donkor, D. A (2017). Making Space for Performance: Theatrical-Architectural Nationalism in Postindependence Ghana. Theatre History Studies. 36(1), 29-56.
- Donkor, D. A (2013). Selling the President: Stand-Up Comedy and the Politricks of Indirection in Ghana. Theatre Survey. 54(2), 255-281.
- Adrover, L., Donkor, D. A., & McMahon, C. S (2010). The Ethics and Pragmatics of Making Heritage a Commodity: Ghana's PANAFEST 2009. TDR/The Drama Review. 54(2), 155-163.
- Donkor, D. A (2009). Gyamfi’s Golden Soap: Commodity Marketing, Reform Legitimation, and the Performance of Cultural Authenticity in Ghana’s Popular Theatre. Ghana Studies. 12-13, 189-216.
- Donkor, D (2007). PERFORMANCE, ETHNOGRAPHY AND THE RADICAL INTERVENTION OF DWIGHT CONQUERGOOD. Cultural Studies. 21(6), 821-825.
- Donkor, D (2017). Trickster's Double-ness: The cultural performance of Akan Storytelling. Landis, K., & McCauley, S. (Eds.), Cultural Performance Ethnographic Approaches to Performance Studies. 19-29. Macmillan International Higher Education.
- Donkor, D (2007). Kodzidan Mboguo: Supplanted acts and displaced narratives in the house of stories. Adams, A. V., & Sutherland-Addy, E. (Eds.), The Legacy of Efua Sutherland Pan-African Cultural Activism. 38-46. Ayebia Clarke Pub..
in the news
recent teaching activities
chaired theses and dissertations
- Adeyemo, Breigha Michelle (2018-12). What's in a Construct? Perceptions of African Americans in Houston's Nigerian Central. (Master's Thesis)
- Valle, Mayra Jennesy (2016-05). "El Baile del Pueblo:" A 60-Year Legacy of Performing a History of Cubans of African Descent Through Casino Salsa. (Master's Thesis)
- Barbour-Payne, Yunina Carol (2014-08). African American Women in Appalachia: Personal Expressions of Race, Place and Gender. (Master's Thesis)
- Micu, Andreea (2012-05). Humor Alert: Muslim and Arab Stand-Up Comedy in Post-9/11 United States. (Master's Thesis)
Texas A&M University; Performance Studies; 4240 TAMU
College Station, TX 77843-4240