Liaison to the departments of Visualization, Performance Studies and Dance at Texas A&M University Libraries. Services to my faculty and students include providing information literacy instruction classes, one-on-one consultations, and virtual and in-person reference. I work closely with faculty to provide resources and materials support, including creating class and subject guides (LibGuides), and Camtasia tutorials for distance education and online courses. I am responsible for collection development in Music, Theatre, and Dance. I actively assist with the Media & Reserves department through curation and marketing projects pertaining to mixed media collections.
I collaborate closely with the Scholarly Communications department to provide education to Liberal Arts and Humanities faculty about open access resources, the institutional repository, and bibliometrics/alt-bibliometrics. This support assists faculty with scholarly identity, impact, and personal narrative for annual evaluation and promotion and tenure.
-Library Outreach Initiatives
-Qualitative Data Analysis
-Bibliometrics/Alt-Bibliometrics (Scholarly Narrative & Impact)
-Artwork through Visual Data Analysis
- Budzise-Weaver, T., & Bales, S. (2019). Connecting Faculty Candidates with the Library: Lessons Learned from the Literature and the Field. The Reference Librarian. 60(3), 182-201.
- Franks, T. P., Budzise-Weaver, T., & Reynolds, L. J. (2017). Unlocking library search committees at ARL public universities: Techniques and best practices for getting hired. Information and Learning Science. 118(5-6), 252-265.
- Budzise-Weaver, T., & Anders, K. C. (2016). Be Our Guest: Engaging Graduate Students through Specialized Outreach Events. 7(1), 1-12.
- Budzise-Weaver, T. M. (2016). Developing a Qualitative Coding Analysis of Visual Artwork for Humanities Research. Digital Humanities Quarterly. 10(4),
- Budzise-Weaver, T., Goodwin, S. P., & Maciel, M. L. (2015). A Qualitative Coded Analysis of Undergraduate and Graduate Student Library Instruction Feedback. 2015, 1-29.
Institutional Repository Documents4
- Budzise-Weaver, T. (2019). Demystifying the Thesis: Visualization Science Graduate Students at Texas A&M University.
- Jackson, C. S., Sullivan, T. D., Budzise-Weaver, T., Kimball, R., & Halling, T. D. (2018). Fearless on the Scholarly Communications Front: How the Texas A&M Libraries’ Subject Specialists are Making Impact.
- Herbert, B., Potvin, S., & Budzise-Weaver, T. (2016). Best Practices for the Use of Scholarly Impact Metrics.
- Goodwin, S., & Budzise-Weaver, T. (2012). [PPT] Listening to Our Students: Enhancing Library Instruction Through a Qualitative Assessment of Student Feedback.