Ion channel gating and selectivity - to determine molecular mechanisms by which ion selectivity and gating are integrated into a concerted output, representing the sum total ion conduction across the membrane.
Mapping regulatory sites in networks of signaling and metabolic proteins - to learn the rules that underlie the complex network of functional connections between signaling and metabolic proteins in cells, with one goal being to identify novel connections between cellular components.
- Rockefeller University - (New York, New York, United States), Postdoctoral Training 2007
- Ph.D. in Molecular Biophysics, The University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center - (Dallas, Texas, United States) 2002
- B.S. in Molecular & Cellular Biology, Texas A&M University - (College Station, Texas, United States) 1997
- Ravichandran, A., Geng, M., Hull, K. G., Li, J., Romo, D., Lu, S. E., ... Smith, L. (2019). A novel actin binding drug with in vivo efficacy. Antimicrobial Agents and Chemotherapy. 63(1),
- Katti, S., Her, B., Srivastava, A. K., Taylor, A. B., Lockless, S. W., & Igumenova, T. I. (2018). High affinity interactions of Pb2+ with synaptotagmin I. Metallomics. 10(9), 1211-1222.
- Shrestha, R., Lockless, S. W., & Sorg, J. A. (2017). A Clostridium difficile alanine racemase affects spore germination and accommodates serine as a substrate. JOURNAL OF BIOLOGICAL CHEMISTRY. 292(25), 10735-10742.
- Bian, X., & Lockless, S. W. (2016). Preparation To Minimize Buffer Mismatch in Isothermal Titration Calorimetry Experiments. Analytical® Chemistry. 88(10), 5549-5553.
- Lockless, S. W. (2015). Determinants of cation transport selectivity: Equilibrium binding and transport kinetics. JOURNAL OF GENERAL PHYSIOLOGY. 146(1), 3-13.