Ion channel gating and selectivity - to determine molecular mechanisms by which ion selectivity and gating are integrated into a concerted output, representing the sum total ion conduction across the membrane.
Mapping regulatory sites in networks of signaling and metabolic proteins - to learn the rules that underlie the complex network of functional connections between signaling and metabolic proteins in cells, with one goal being to identify novel connections between cellular components.
- Rockefeller University - (New York, New York, United States), Postdoctoral Training 2007
- Ph.D. in Molecular Biophysics, The University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center - (Dallas, Texas, United States) 2002
- B.S. in Molecular & Cellular Biology, Texas A&M University - (College Station, Texas, United States) 1997
- Hudson, M. A., Siegele, D. A., & Lockless, S. W. (2020). Use of a Fluorescence-Based Assay To Measure Escherichia coli Membrane Potential Changes in High Throughput.. Antimicrobial Agents and Chemotherapy. 64(9),
- Zhang, H., Pan, Y., Hu, L., Hudson, M. A., Hofstetter, K. S., Xu, Z., ... Zhou, M. (2020). TrkA undergoes a tetramer-to-dimer conversion to open TrkH which enables changes in membrane potential. Nature Communications. 11(1), 547.
- Ravichandran, A., Geng, M., Hull, K. G., Li, J., Romo, D., Lu, S., ... Smith, L. (2018). A Novel Actin Binding Drug with In Vivo Efficacy. Antimicrobial Agents and Chemotherapy. 63(1), aac.01585-aac.01518.
- Katti, S., Her, B., Srivastava, A. K., Taylor, A. B., Lockless, S. W., & Igumenova, T. I. (2018). High affinity interactions of Pb 2+ with synaptotagmin I. Metallomics. 10(9), 1211-1222.
- Shrestha, R., Lockless, S. W., & Sorg, J. A. (2017). A Clostridium difficile alanine racemase affects spore germination and accommodates serine as a substrate. JOURNAL OF BIOLOGICAL CHEMISTRY. 292(25), 10735-10742.
- Liu, S., & Lockless, S. W. (2018). Ion Binding to Transport Proteins using Isothermal Titration Calorimetry. Methods in Molecular Biology. Potassium Channels. (pp. 289-303). Springer New York.