Main topics of research:
- Port-city relationship: social and political aspects
- The three dimensions of port development: economic, strategic and political
- Port cooperation and port competition
- Cyber Resilience of Existing Systems on ships and ports
- An Analysis of Port Asset Management for the Alternative Energy Trade
- Dry Bulk Tramp Shipping: A world overview and the Brazilian market
- Developing a Comprehensive Approach to Port Performance Assessment
- Content Analysis
- Stakeholder analysis
- Power structures framework
- Questionnaires and interviews
- Bibliographic studies
- Paixao Casaca, A. C., Galvao, C. B., Robles, L. T., & Cutrim, S. S. (2017). The Brazilian cabotage market: a content analysis. International Journal of Shipping and Transport Logistics. 9(5), 601-601.
- Bomer Galvao, C. (2016). Port Sophistication and Country Economic Status: Seaports as Indicators of Economic Development. Ocean Yearbook Online. 30(1), 0-0.
- Galvao, C. B., Wang, G., & Mileski, J. (2016). Public-Private Interests and Conflicts in Ports: A Content Analysis Approach. Asian Journal of Shipping and Logistics. 32(1), 13-22.
- Bömer, G., & Tadeu, R. (2014). The South America East Coast Reefer Cargo: A Diagnosis of a Competitive Market. IBIMA Business Review. 1-14.
- Galvão, C. B., Robles, L. T., & Guerise, L. C. (2013). The Brazilian seaport system: A post-1990 institutional and economic review. Research in Transportation Business and Management. 8, 17-29.
- Galvao, C. B. (2009). Fusões e aquisições : uma outra forma com a mesma essência. Marques, R. M., & Ferreira, M. J. (Eds.), O Brasil sob a nova ordem : a economia brasileira contemporânea : uma análise dos governos Collor a Lula.
- Casaca, A., Galvão, C. B., Robles, L. T., & Cutrim, S. S. (2017). Domestic short sea shipping services in Brazil: Competition by enhancing logistics integration. International Journal of Shipping and Transport Logistics. 9(3), 280-303.
- Galvão, C. B., & Robles, L. T. (2013). The South America east coast reefer Cargo: A diagnosis of a competitive market. 3, 1891-1904.