Main topics of research:
- Port-city relationship: social and political aspects
- The three dimensions of port development: economic, strategic and political
- Port cooperation and port competition
- Cyber Resilience of Existing Systems on ships and ports
- An Analysis of Port Asset Management for the Alternative Energy Trade
- Dry Bulk Tramp Shipping: A world overview and the Brazilian market
- Developing a Comprehensive Approach to Port Performance Assessment
- Content Analysis
- Stakeholder analysis
- Power structures framework
- Questionnaires and interviews
- Bibliographic studies
- Duru, O., Galvao, C. B., Mileski, J., Robles, L. T., & Gharehgozli, A. (2020). Developing a comprehensive approach to port performance assessment. The Asian Journal of Shipping and Logistics.
- Mileski, J. P., Galvao, C. B., & Forester, Z. D. (2020). Human trafficking in the commercial fishing industry: A multiple case study analysis. MARINE POLICY. 116, 103616-103616.
- Nyman, E., Galvao, C. B., Mileski, J., & Tiller, R. (2020). The Svalbard archipelago: an exploratory analysis of port investment in the context of the new arctic routes. Maritime Studies. 19(1), 1-13.
- Galvao, C. B., Gharehgozli, A., & Mileski, J. (2018). Being left at the altar: A content analysis of the Ports of Houston and Galveston merger case that never happened. Research in Transportation Business and Management. 26, 34-44.
- Mileski, J., Clott, C., & Galvao, C. B. (2018). Cyberattacks on ships: a wicked problem approach. Maritime Business Review. Volume 0(Issue 0), 414-430.
- Galvao, C. B. (2009). Fusões e aquisições : uma outra forma com a mesma essência. Marques, R. M., & Ferreira, M. J. (Eds.), O Brasil sob a nova ordem : a economia brasileira contemporânea : uma análise dos governos Collor a Lula.
- Paixao Casaca, A. C., Galvao, C. B., Robles, L. T., & Cutrim, S. S. (2017). Domestic short sea shipping services in Brazil: competition by enhancing logistics integration. International Journal of Shipping and Transport Logistics. 9(3), 280-303.
- Galvão, C. B., & Robles, L. T. (2013). The South America east coast reefer Cargo: A diagnosis of a competitive market. 3, 1891-1904.