Main topics of research:
- Port-city relationship: social and political aspects
- The three dimensions of port development: economic, strategic and political
- Port cooperation and port competition
- Cyber Resilience of Existing Systems on ships and ports
- An Analysis of Port Asset Management for the Alternative Energy Trade
- Dry Bulk Tramp Shipping: A world overview and the Brazilian market
- Developing a Comprehensive Approach to Port Performance Assessment
- Content Analysis
- Stakeholder analysis
- Power structures framework
- Questionnaires and interviews
- Bibliographic studies
- Mileski, J. P., Galvao, C. B., & Forester, Z. D. (2019). Human trafficking in the commercial fishing industry: A multiple case study analysis. MARINE POLICY. 103616-103616.
- Galvao, C. B., Gharehgozli, A., & Mileski, J. (2018). Being left at the altar: A content analysis of the Ports of Houston and Galveston merger case that never happened. Research in Transportation Business and Management. 26, 34-44.
- Galvao, C. B., Robles, L. T., & Guerise, L. C. (2017). 20 years of port reform in Brazil: Insights into the reform process. Research in Transportation Business and Management. 22, 153-160.
- Galvao, C., Tei, A., Everett, S., Robles, L., Ferrari, C., Guerise, L., & Robinson, R. (2017). National port development policies: same problems, different solutions?. Revista de Administrao, Sociedade e Inovao. 3(2), 103-124.
- Paixao Casaca, A. C., Galvao, C. B., Robles, L. T., & Cutrim, S. S. (2017). The Brazilian cabotage market: a content analysis. International Journal of Shipping and Transport Logistics. 9(5), 601-625.
- Galvao, C. B. (2009). Fusões e aquisições : uma outra forma com a mesma essência. Marques, R. M., & Ferreira, M. J. (Eds.), O Brasil sob a nova ordem : a economia brasileira contemporânea : uma análise dos governos Collor a Lula.
- Casaca, A., Galvão, C. B., Robles, L. T., & Cutrim, S. S. (2017). Domestic short sea shipping services in Brazil: Competition by enhancing logistics integration. International Journal of Shipping and Transport Logistics. 9(3), 280-303.
- Galvão, C. B., & Robles, L. T. (2013). The South America east coast reefer Cargo: A diagnosis of a competitive market. 3, 1891-1904.