education and training
- Charette, M. A., Kipp, L. E., Jensen, L. T., Dabrowski, J. S., Whitmore, L. M., Fitzsimmons, J. N., ... Zhang, R. (2020). The Transpolar Drift as a Source of Riverine and Shelf‐Derived Trace Elements to the Central Arctic Ocean. Journal of Geophysical Research Oceans. 125(5),
- Molodtsov, S., Anis, A., Amon, R., & Perez‐Brunius, P. (2020). Turbulent Mixing in a Loop Current Eddy From Glider‐Based Microstructure Observations. Geophysical Research Letters. 47(14),
- Prokushkin, A. S., Pokrovsky, O. S., Korets, M. A., Rubtsov, A. V., Titov, S. V., Tokareva, I. V., Kolosov, R. A., & Amon, R. (2018). Sources of Dissolved Organic Carbon in Rivers of the Yenisei River Basin. DOKLADY EARTH SCIENCES. 480(2), 763-766.
- Kaiser, K., Canedo-Oropeza, M., McMahon, R., & Amon, R. (2017). Origins and transformations of dissolved organic matter in large Arctic rivers. SCIENTIFIC REPORTS. 7(1), 13064.
- Kaiser, K., Benner, R., & Amon, R. (2017). The fate of terrigenous dissolved organic carbon on the Eurasian shelves and export to the North Atlantic. Journal of Geophysical Research Oceans. 122(1), 4-22.
- Panov, A. V., Prokushkin, A. S., Korets, M. A., Bryukhanov, A. V., Myers-Pigg, A. N., Louchouarn, P., ... Heimann, M. (2016). Linking trace gas measurements and molecular tracers of organic matter in aerosols for identification of ecosystem sources and types of wildfires in Central Siberia. IOP Conference Series Earth and Environmental Science. 48(1), 012017-012017.
- Amon, R., & Meon, B. (2004). The biogeochemistry of dissolved organic matter and nutrients in two large Arctic estuaries and potential implications for our understanding of the Arctic Ocean system. Marine Chemistry. 92(1-4 SPEC. ISS.), 311-330.
- Estimating fluxes of CO2 and CH4 along the Siberian Yensei River awarded by National Science Foundation 2016 - 2017
recent teaching activities
chaired theses and dissertations
- Todd, Anthony Markus (2016-05). Characterization of the Optical Properties of Seawater from the Deepwater Horizon Oil Spill. (Master's Thesis)
- Bare, Ryan Michael (2014-08). Effects of Wet and Dry Weather Events on Bacteria (Enterococci) and the Public Health Threat from the Re-Suspension of Sediment Sequestered Enterococci. (Master's Thesis)
- Walker, Sally Annette (2012-08). Sources and Fate of Chromophoric Dissolved Organic Matter in the Arctic Ocean and Surrounding Watersheds. (Doctoral Dissertation)
- Rinehart, Amanda J. (2007-08). Dissolved organic matter discharge in the six largest arctic rivers-chemical composition and seasonal variability. (Master's Thesis)