education and training
- Ph.D. in Political Science, Syracuse University - (Syracuse, New York, United States) 1975
- M.A. in Political Science, Syracuse University - (Syracuse, New York, United States) 1974
- A.B. in , University of South Dakota - (Vermillion, South Dakota, United States) 1972
- An, S., Meier, K. J., Ladenburg, J., & Westergård-Nielsen, N. (2020). Leadership and Job Satisfaction: Addressing Endogeneity With Panel Data From a Field Experiment. Review of Public Personnel Administration. 40(4), 589-612.
- Meier, K. J., Johnson, A. P., & An, S. (2019). Perceptual Bias and Public Programs: The Case of the United States and Hospital Care. Public Administration Review. 79(6), 820-828.
- Amirkhanyan, A. A., Cheon, O., Davis, J. A., Meier, K. J., & Wang, F. (2019). Citizen Participation and Its Impact on Performance in U.S. Nursing Homes. The American Review of Public Administration. 49(7), 840-854.
- Carroll, K., Wright, K., & Meier, K. J. (2019). Minority Public Administrators: Managing Organizational Demands While Acting as an Advocate. The American Review of Public Administration. 49(7), 810-824.
- Meier, K. J., Compton, M., Polga-Hecimovich, J., Song, M., & Wimpy, C. (2019). Bureaucracy and the Failure of Politics: Challenges to Democratic Governance. Administration & Society. 51(10), 1576-1605.
- Meier, K. J., & Gill, J. (2018). Preface. Westview Press.
- Meier, K. J., & Rutherford, A. (2017). The Politics of African-American Education. Cambridge University Press.
- Meier, K. J., & Guy, M. E. (2016). Women and Men of the States: Public Administrators and the State Level. Routledge.
- Meier, K. J., Brudney, J. L., & Bohte, J. (2014). Applied Statistics for Public and Nonprofit Administration. Cengage Learning.
- Leal, D. L., & Meier, K. J. (2011). The Politics of Latino Education. Teachers College Press.
- Gill, J., & Meier, K. J. (2018). Substantively weighted analytical techniques for successes and failures: SWLS and GSRLS. What Works: A New Approach to Program and Policy Analysis. (pp. 59-81). Routledge.
- Meier, K. J., & Funk, K. D. (2017). Experiments and the Classical Roots of Public Administration: Comments on the Potential Utility of Experiments for Contemporary Public Management. Experiments in Public Management Research. (pp. 37-56). Cambridge University Press.
- Meier, K. J., & Morton, T. (2015). Representative bureaucracy in a cross-national context: Politics, identity, structure and discretion. Politics of Representative Bureaucracy: Power, Legitimacy and Performance. (pp. 94-112). Edward Elgar Publishing.
- O'Toole, L. J., Torenvlied, R., Akkerman, A., & Meier, K. J. (2013). Human resource management and public organizational performance: Educational outcomes in the Netherlands. Human Resource Management In The Public Sector. (pp. 270-285). Edward Elgar Publishing.
- Meier, K. J., & O’Toole, L. J. (2010). Managerial networking, managing the environment, and programme performance: a summary of findings and an agenda. Public Management and Performance. (pp. 127-151). Cambridge University Press.
awards and honors
recent teaching activities
chaired theses and dissertations
- Cheon, Ohbet (2016-08). Management and Performance in U.S. Healthcare Institutions: Do Sector-Differences Matter?. (Doctoral Dissertation)
- Zhu, Ling (2011-08). Manage the Margins: Three Essays on Effective Policymaking for Social Inequality in Health. (Doctoral Dissertation)
- Pennington, Michael Sean (2008-05). Is the coal industry worth protecting? an examination of the effects of competing advocacy coalitions on implementation of the Surface Mining Control and Reclamation Act (SMCRA) of 1977. (Doctoral Dissertation)
Texas A&M University; Political Science; 4348 TAMU
College Station, TX 77843-4348