Michael Howard is an associate professor in the Mays Business School at Texas A&M University. He received his Ph.D. in Technology Entrepreneurship and Strategic Management from the Foster School of Business at the University of Washington. His research interests include entrepreneurship, technology and innovation management, organizational genealogy, and social network analysis. Among other outlets, his work has been accepted for publication in the Academy of Management Journal, Strategic Management Journal, Organization Science, Journal of Business Venturing, Strategic Entrepreneurship Journal, and Journal of Management Studies.
- Ph.D. in Technology Entrepreneurship and Strategic Management, minor in Sociology, University of Washington - (Seattle, Washington, United States) 2012
- M.S. in Business Administration, University of Washington - (Seattle, Washington, United States) 2010
- M.B.A. in , University of Illinois at Urbana Champaign - (Urbana, Illinois, United States) 1997
- B.S. in Aeronautical and Astronautical Engineering, University of Illinois at Urbana Champaign - (Urbana, Illinois, United States) 1993
- Howard, M. (2001). Mistake to declare this a ‘war’. RUSI Journal. 146(6), 1-4.
- Howard, M. (1999). When are wars decisive?. SURVIVAL. 41(1), 126-135.
- Howard, M. (1998). Condemned: Courage and cowardice–introduction. RUSI Journal. 143(1), 51-52.
- Howard, M. (1997). Response to the Marquess of Anglesey's Chesney Gold medal presentation. RUSI Journal. 142(2), 4-5.
- Howard, M. (1996). The armed forces and the community. RUSI Journal. 141(4), 9-12.
- Howard, M. (2013). Philip Bobbitt's terror and consent: A brief critique. Just War on Terror?: A Christian and Muslim Response. (pp. 55-62).
- Howard, M. (2010). Men against fire: The doctrine of the offensive in 1914. Makers of Modern Strategy from Machiavelli to the Nuclear Age. (pp. 510-526).
- Howard, M. (2010). Philip Bobbitt's Terror and Consent: A brief critique. Just War on Terror?: A Christian and Muslim Response. (pp. 55-62).
- Howard, M. (2010). Total war: Some concluding reflections. A World at Total War: Global Conflict and the Politics of Destruction, 1937-1945. (pp. 375-384). Cambridge University Press.
- Howard, M. (2006). Military history and the history of war. The Past as Prologue: The Importance of History to the Military Profession. (pp. 12-20). Cambridge University Press.
- Boeker, W., Howard, M., Basu, S., & Sahaym, A. (2016). The influence of founder collaborations on venture knowledge quality. Academy of Management Proceedings. 2016(1), 1907-1912.
- Howard, M., Nance, D. B., Gomulya, D., & Park, H. D. (2014). Consequences of tmt dynamics: The failure to utilize innovation from technology acquisitions. Academy of Management Proceedings. 2014(1), 953-958.