education and training
- Ph.D. in History, The University of Texas at Austin - (Austin, Texas, United States) 1990
- M.A. in History, The University of Texas at Austin - (Austin, Texas, United States) 1986
- B.A. in History, Texas A&M University - (College Station, Texas, United States) 1981
- Reese, R. R. (2022). Faustian Bargain: The Soviet-German Partnership and the Origins of the Second World War. RUSSIAN REVIEW. 81(1), 176-177.
- Reese, R. R. (2020). The Stuff of Soldiers: A History of the Red Army in World War II through Objects. RUSSIAN REVIEW. 79(2), 336-337.
- Reese, R. R. (2018). Mark Edele. Stalins Defectors: How Red Army Soldiers Became Hitlers Collaborators, 19411945.. The American Historical Review. (4), 1429-1430.
- Reese, R. R (2017). Battle for Belorussia: The Red Army's Forgotten Campaign of October 1943-April 1944. By David Glantz with Mary Elizabeth Glantz . Lawrence, KS: University Press of Kansas, 2016. xxv, 758 pp. Appendixes. Notes. Bibliography. Index. Photographs. Tables. Maps. $39.95, hard cover.. Slavic Review. 76(4), 1124-1125.
- Reese, R. R (2011). Why Stalin's Soldiers Fought The Red Army's Military Effectiveness in World War II. Modern War Studies (Hardcover).
- Reese, R. R (2005). Red Commanders A Social History of the Soviet Army Officer Corps, 1918-1991.
- Reese, R. R (2002). The Soviet Military Experience A History of the Soviet Army, 1917-1991. Routledge.
- Reese, R. R (1996). Stalin's Reluctant Soldiers A Social History of the Red Army, 1925-1941.
recent teaching activities
Texas A&M University; History; 4236 TAMU
College Station, TX 77843-4236