Our current research is focused on the areas of acoustics, signal processing, vibration, dynamics, and biomechanics.
education and training
- Ph.D. in Mechanical Engineering, Purdue University - (West Lafayette, Indiana, United States) 2003
- M.S. in Mechanical Engineering, Korea Advanced Institute of Science and Technology - (Daejeon, South Korea) 1997
- B.E. in Mechanical Design and Production Engineering, Chung-Ang University - (Seoul, South Korea) 1994
- Niu, Y., & Kim, Y. (2012). Three-dimensional visualizations of open fan noise fields. Noise Control Engineering Journal. 60(4), 392-404.
- Kim, Y., Lorente, S., & Bejan, A. (2010). Constructal multi-tube configuration for natural and forced convection in cross-flow. International Journal of Heat and Mass Transfer. 53(23-24), 5121-5128.
- Kwon, H., Niu, Y., & Kim, Y. (2010). Planar nearfield acoustical holography in moving fluid medium at subsonic and uniform velocity. J Acoust Soc Am. 128(4), 1823-1832.
- Cho, Y. T., Bolton, J. S., Kwon, H. S., & Kim, Y. J. (2007). Holographic visualization of multi-component sources by using reference measurements only. Noise Control Engineering Journal. 55(2), 257-265.
- Kim, Y. J., & Bolton, J. S. (2004). Effects of rotation on the dynamics of a circular cylindrical shell with application to tire vibration. JOURNAL OF SOUND AND VIBRATION. 275(3-5), 605-621.
- Lee, K., Yigit, S., Han, A., Kim, D., & Kim, Y. J. (2017). Experimental validation of theoretical method for prediction of acoustic streaming around a resonantly-excited cancer cell. 2017-January,
- Liu, Z., & Kim, Y. J. (2015). Acoustic streaming around a spherical microparticle/cell under ultrasonic wave excitation.
- Li, B., You, J. H., Kim, Y., & ASME, .. (2014). SELF-POWERED INTERFACE EXTERNAL CIRCUIT FOR LOW-FREQUENCY ACOUSTIC ENERGY HARVESTER. 6 A,
- Han, J., Kim, Y., & Karkoub, M. (2013). Modeling of wave propagation in drill strings using acoustic transfer matrix method. Proceedings of meetings on acoustics.. 19, 065057-065057.
recent teaching activities
chaired theses and dissertations
- Liu, Zhongzheng (2016-08). Acoustophoresis of Microparticles and Cells in Microfluidic Devices. (Doctoral Dissertation)
- Ye, Nan (2014-08). Noise Reduction of Centrifugal Compressors using Array of Quarter Wavelength Resonators. (Master's Thesis)
- Han, Je Heon (2013-08). Investigation on Wave Propagation Characteristics in Plates and Pipes for Identification of Structural Defect Locations. (Doctoral Dissertation)
- Silva, Ramon Alejandro (2013-05). Numerical Simulation and Laboratory Testing of Time-Frequency MUSIC Beamforming for Identifying Continuous and Impulsive Ground Targets from a Mobile Aerial Platform. (Master's Thesis)
- Niu, Yaying (2013-05). Three-Dimensional Nonlinear Acoustical Holography. (Doctoral Dissertation)
Texas A&M University; Mechanical Engineering; 3123 TAMU
College Station, TX 77843-3123