My research areas include information systems security, data modeling, electronic commerce, integration of data and mathematical models, and creation of intelligent systems to solve organizational problems.
education and training
- Ph.D. in Management Information Systems, University of Arizona - (Tucson, Arizona, United States) 1985
- M.B.A. in Business Administration, California State University, Fresno - (Fresno, California, United States) 1978
- B.S. in Agriculture, Tehran University of Art - (Tehran, Iran) 1971
- Sen, R., Choobineh, J., & Kumar, S. (2019). Determinants of Software Vulnerability Disclosure Timing. PRODUCTION AND OPERATIONS MANAGEMENT.
- Lo, A., Jenkins, P. H., & Choobineh, J. (2019). Patient's Acceptance of IT-Assisted Self-Monitoring: A Multiple-Case Study. Journal of Computer Information Systems. 59(4), 319-333.
- Choobineh, J., Anderson, E. E., Fazen, M., & Grimaila, M. R. (2011). Assessment of Mission Risk: Role of Protection of Information and Communication Technology Resources. Journal of Information Warfare. 10(1), 1-17.
- Anderson, E. E., & Choobineh, J. (2008). Enterprise information security strategies. COMPUTERS & SECURITY. 27(1-2), 22-29.
- Choobineh, J., & Lo, A. W. (2005). Should rule-based reasoning be enhanced by case-based reasoning for conceptual database design? A theory and an experiment. Journal of Computer Information Systems. 46(2), 69-77.
- Choobineh, J. (2013). An information security model and its validation. 1, 391-400.
- Choobineh, J., Anderson, E. E., & Grimaila, M. R. (2012). Measuring impact on missions and processes: Assessment of cyber breaches. Proceedings of the Annual Hawaii International Conference on System Sciences. 3307-3316.
- Anderson, E., Choobineh, J., Fazen, M., & Grimaila, M. (2011). Mission Impact: Role of Protection of Information Systems. 1-15.
- Choobineh, J., Anderson, E. E., & Grimaila, M. R. (2010). Security Management Life Cycle (SMLC): A Comparative Study.. 406-406.
- Choobineh, J., Anderson, E., & Grimaila, M. R. (2010). Security management life cycle (SMLC): A comparative study. 2, 972-982.
chaired theses and dissertations
- Fan, Haiyan (2007-08). Web personalization - a typology, instrument, and a test of a predictive model. (Doctoral Dissertation)
- Mahfouz, Ahmed Yousry Mohamed (2004-12). Interactive eshopping experience: an empirical investigation. (Doctoral Dissertation)
- Koch, Hope Arlene (2003-12). Business-to-business electronic marketplaces: membership and use drivers. (Doctoral Dissertation)
Texas A&M University; Dept Of Information & Operations Management; 4217 TAMU
College Station, TX 77843-4217