My research interests include the study of plate boundaries and processes associated with climate-tectonic
interaction, evolution of oceanic crust, development of carbonate systems, and high-resolution studies of marine
hazards. I utilize most types of marine geophysical data, but specialize in seismic reflection, tomography,
bathymetry, high-resolution techniques, and seismic-core integration. Current research projects are being
conducted in Bonaire, White Sands, New Mexico the Mid-Atlantic Ridge in the South Atlantic, and the deepwater
Gulf of Alaska; the latter two include synthesis with IODP.
- Kardell, D. A., Zhao, Z., Ramos, E. J., Estep, J., Christeson, G. L., Reece, R. S., & Hesse, M. A. (2021). Hydrothermal Models Constrained by Fine‐Scale Seismic Velocities Confirm Hydrothermal Cooling of 7–63 Ma South Atlantic Crust. Journal of Geophysical Research: Solid Earth. 126(6),
- Kardell, D. A., Zhao, Z., Ramos, E. J., Estep, J., Christeson, G. L., & Reece, R. S. (2021). Tectonic Activity Near the Rio Grande Rise Increases Fluid Flux in Old Oceanic Crust. GEOPHYSICAL RESEARCH LETTERS. 48(17),
- Christeson, G. L., Reece, R. S., Kardell, D. A., Estep, J. D., Fedotova, A., & Goff, J. A. (2020). South Atlantic Transect: Variations in Oceanic Crustal Structure at 31°S. Geochemistry Geophysics Geosystems. 21(7),
- Tesch, P., Reece, R. S., Markello, J. R., Laya, J. C., & Pope, M. C. (2019). Adding the missing third and fourth dimensions to trajectory analysis in carbonate systems. Basin Research. 32(2), 388-401.
- Estep, J., Reece, R., Kardell, D. A., Christeson, G. L., & Carlson, R. L. (2019). Seismic Layer 2A: Evolution and Thickness From 0‐ to 70‐Ma Crust in the Slow‐Intermediate Spreading South Atlantic. Journal of Geophysical Research: Solid Earth. 124(8), 7633-7651.
- Bayer, Jacob Bartscht (2016-08). Structural Analysis of Bonaire, Netherlands Leeward Antilles-A Seismic Investigation. (Master's Thesis)
- Bales, Mary Kathryn (2016-08). Geophysical Analysis of Quaternary Marine Sedimentary Processes, Bonaire, Netherlands Antilles. (Master's Thesis)
- Sasser, Jr., M. Stuart (2016-05). Structural Style and Tectonic Evolution of the Northern Maverick Basin. (Master's Thesis)