My research interests include the study of plate boundaries and processes associated with climate-tectonic
interaction, evolution of oceanic crust, development of carbonate systems, and high-resolution studies of marine
hazards. I utilize most types of marine geophysical data, but specialize in seismic reflection, tomography,
bathymetry, high-resolution techniques, and seismic-core integration. Current research projects are being
conducted in Bonaire, White Sands, New Mexico the Mid-Atlantic Ridge in the South Atlantic, and the deepwater
Gulf of Alaska; the latter two include synthesis with IODP.
- Tesch, P., Reece, R. S., Markello, J. R., Laya, J. C., & Pope, M. C. (2020). Adding the missing third and fourth dimensions to trajectory analysis in carbonate systems. BASIN RESEARCH. 32(2), 388-401.
- Kardell, D. A., Christeson, G. L., Estep, J. D., Reece, R. S., & Carlson, R. L. (2019). Long‐Lasting Evolution of Layer 2A in the Western South Atlantic: Evidence for Low‐Temperature Hydrothermal Circulation in Old Oceanic Crust. Journal of Geophysical Research: Solid Earth. 124(3), 2252-2273.
- Estep, J., Reece, R., Kardell, D. A., Christeson, G. L., & Carlson, R. L. (2019). Seismic Layer 2A: Evolution and Thickness From 0‐ to 70‐Ma Crust in the Slow‐Intermediate Spreading South Atlantic. Journal of Geophysical Research: Solid Earth. 124(8), 7633-7651.
- Christeson, G. L., Goff, J. A., & Reece, R. S. (2019). Synthesis of Oceanic Crustal Structure From Two‐Dimensional Seismic Profiles. REVIEWS OF GEOPHYSICS. 57(2), 504-529.
- Wernette, P. A., Houser, C., Weymer, B. A., Everett, M. E., Bishop, M. P., & Reece, B. (2018). Directional dependency and coastal framework geology: implications for barrier island resilience. EARTH SURFACE DYNAMICS. 6(4), 1139-1153.
- Bayer, Jacob Bartscht (2016-08). Structural Analysis of Bonaire, Netherlands Leeward Antilles-A Seismic Investigation. (Master's Thesis)
- Bales, Mary Kathryn (2016-08). Geophysical Analysis of Quaternary Marine Sedimentary Processes, Bonaire, Netherlands Antilles. (Master's Thesis)
- Sasser, Jr., M. Stuart (2016-05). Structural Style and Tectonic Evolution of the Northern Maverick Basin. (Master's Thesis)