My current research interests include macroeconomics, monetary economics, fiscal policy, Bayesian and time series econometrics.
education and training
- Alpanda, S., Granziera, E., & Zubairy, S. (2021). State dependence of monetary policy across business, credit and interest rate cycles. European Economic Review. 140, 103936-103936.
- Ma, E., & Zubairy, S. (2021). HOMEOWNERSHIP AND HOUSING TRANSITIONS: EXPLAINING THE DEMOGRAPHIC COMPOSITION. International Economic Review. 62(2), 599-638.
- Bi, H., & Zubairy, S. (2020). Public Pension Reforms and Fiscal Foresight: Narrative Evidence and Aggregate Implications. Federal Reserve Bank of Kansas City Working Paper. (20),
- ALPANDA, S., & ZUBAIRY, S. (2019). Household Debt Overhang and Transmission of Monetary Policy. Journal of Money, Credit and Banking. 51(5), 1265-1307.
- Jackson, L. E., Owyang, M. T., & Zubairy, S. (2018). Debt and stabilization policy: Evidence from a Euro Area FAVAR. Journal of Economic Dynamics and Control. 93, 67-91.
in the news
- Texas' June unemployment rate falls to 8.6%, but experts warn unemployment could worsen next month Texas Tribune July 17, 2020
recent teaching activities
Texas A&M University; Economics; 4228 TAMU
College Station, TX 77843-4242