education and training
- Ph.D. in Economics, University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill - (Chapel Hill, North Carolina, United States) 1983
- B.A. in Economics and Mathematics, St. Louis University High School - (St Louis, Missouri, United States) 1978
- Jansen, D. W., Liu, L., & Rettenmaier, A. J. (2020). Coronavirus economics: the impact of shutting down meatpacking plants. Applied Economics Letters. 1-7.
- Dai, D., Jansen, D. W., & Liu, L. (2020). Inter-jurisdiction migration and the fiscal policies of local governments. Journal of Economics. 1-32.
- Jansen, D. W., & Vacaflores, D. E. (2020). Remittances, Output, and Exchange Rate Regimes: Theory with an Application to Latin America. Southern Economic Journal. 86(3), 1170-1191.
- Jansen, D. W., & Zervou, A. (2017). The time varying effect of monetary policy on stock returns. Economics Letters. 160, 54-58.
- Gronberg, T. J., Jansen, D. W., & Taylor, L. L. (2017). Are Charters the Best Alternative? A Cost Frontier Analysis of Alternative Education Campuses in Texas. Southern Economic Journal. 83(3), 721-743.
- Jansen, D. W. (2006). The new economy and beyond: Past, present and future.
- Baye, M. R., & Jansen, D. W. (1995). Money, Banking, and Financial Markets An Economics Approach. Houghton Mifflin College Division.
- Jansen, D. W., DeLorme, C. D., & Ekelund, R. B. (1994). Intermediate Macroeconomics. Thomson Learning.
- Jansen, D. W. (2013). Lucas, Jr., Robert E.. Cate, T. (Eds.), An Encyclopedia of Keynesian Economics, Second edition. (pp. 417-420). Edward Elgar Publishing.
- Bradley, M. D., & Jansen, D. W. (2011). Forecasting asset prices using nonlinear models. Advances in Economic Forecasting. (pp. 65-104).
- Bradley, M. D., & Jansen, D. W. (2006). Should we teach an old economy dog new economy tricks? The role of a postal service in the new economy. The New Economy and Beyond: Past, Present and Future. (pp. 174-196).
- Dickey, D. A., Jansen, D. W., & Thornton, D. L. (1994). A Primer on Cointegration with an Application to Money and Income. Rao, B. B. (Eds.), Cointegration. (pp. 9-45). Palgrave Macmillan UK.
- de Haan, L., Jansen, D. W., Koedijk, K., & de Vries, C. G. (1994). Safety First Portfolio Selection, Extreme Value Theory and Long Run Asset Risks. Galambos, J., Lechner, J., & Simiu, E. (Eds.), Extreme Value Theory and Applications. (pp. 471-487). Springer US.
- Bradley, M. D., & Jansen, D. W. (2017). Nonlinear evidence on the existence of jobless recoveries. Studies in Nonlinear Dynamics & Econometrics. 22(1), 20160081-19.
- Bradley, M. D., & Jansen, D. W. (2004). Forecasting with a nonlinear dynamic model of stock returns and industrial production. International Journal of Forecasting. 20(2), 321-342.
in the news
- How Will Travel During A Pandemic Affect The Economy? Texas A&M Today November 16, 2020
- Good signs for local economy, still 'a long way to go' KBTX October 20, 2020
- New metric compares economic health to public health KBTX October 1, 2020
- A&M expert: Local economic health tied to COVID-19 vaccine KBTX September 18, 2020
- COVID-19 disrupts college football economics in Texas Marketplace September 5, 2020
awards and honors
recent teaching activities
chaired theses and dissertations
- Jiang, Shenzhe (2017-08). Essays on Economic Dynamics. (Doctoral Dissertation)
- Lee, Dou Young (2017-08). Essays on Applied Macroeconomics. (Doctoral Dissertation)
- Zhou, Cheng (2015-08). Essays on the State Dependent Effects of Monetary Policy and Fiscal Policy. (Doctoral Dissertation)
- Hazra, Devika (2014-08). Essays on Welfare Improving Role of Monetary and Fiscal Policy. (Doctoral Dissertation)
- Peng, Yulei (2013-08). Dynamic Economy with Heterogeneous Agents. (Doctoral Dissertation)
Texas A&M University; Economics; 4228 TAMU
College Station, TX 77843-4228