education and training
- Ph.D. in Classics, University of Minnesota - (Minneapolis, Minnesota, United States) 1981
- M.A. in Classics, University of Minnesota - (Minneapolis, Minnesota, United States) 1976
- University of Minnesota - (Minneapolis, Minnesota, United States) 1974
- Oberhelman, S. M. (2013). Dreambooks in byzantium: Six oneirocritica in translation, with commentary and introduction. Routledge.
- Oberhelman, S. M. (2008). Dreambooks in Byzantium: Six oneirocritica in translation, with commentary and introduction.
- Oberhelman, S. M. (2003). Prose Rhythm in Latin Literature of the Roman Empire First Century B.C. to Fourth Century A.D..
- Oberhelman, S. M. (1991). The Oneirocriticon of Achmet A Medieval Greek and Arabic Treatise on the Interpretation of Dreams. Texas Tech University Press.
- Oberhelman, S. M. (1995). Satire as Poetry and the Impossibility of Metathesis in Horaces Satires. Obbink, D. (Eds.), Philodemus and Poetry Poetic Theory and Practice in Lucretius, Philodemus and Horace. (pp. 233-254). Oxford University Press.
- OBERHELMAN, S. M. (1990). THE HIPPOCRATIC CORPUS AND GREEK RELIGION. Clarke, B., & Aycock, W. M. (Eds.), The Body and the text comparative essays in literature and medicine. (pp. 141-160). Texas Tech Univ Pr.
- Oberhelman, S. M. (1980). Greek and Roman Witches: Literary Conventions or Agrarian Fertility Priestesses?. Schroeder, F. (Eds.), 5000 Years of Popular Culture Popular Culture Before Printing. (pp. 136-153). Popular Press.
- (2016). Dreams, Healing, and Medicine in Greece From Antiquity to the Present. Routledge.
- (1994). Epic and epoch: essays on the interpretation and history of a genre. Texas Tech University Press.
- (2014). Studies on Mediterranean Culture and History: From the Middle Ages through the Early Modern Period. Athens Institute for Education and Research.
awards and honors
recent teaching activities
Texas A&M University; International Studies Department; 4215 TAMU
College Station, TX 77843-4215