- Oberhelman, S. M. (2013). Dreambooks in byzantium: Six oneirocritica in translation, with commentary and introduction. Routledge.
- Oberhelman, S. M. (2008). Dreambooks in Byzantium: Six oneirocritica in translation, with commentary and introduction.
- Oberhelman, S. M. (2003). Prose Rhythm in Latin Literature of the Roman Empire First Century B.C. to Fourth Century A.D..
- Oberhelman, S. M. (1991). Rhetoric and homiletics in fourth-century Christian literature prose rhythm, oratorical style, and preaching in the works of Ambrose, Jerome, and Augustine. Scholars Pr.
- Oberhelman, S. M. (1991). The Oneirocriticon of Achmet A Medieval Greek and Arabic Treatise on the Interpretation of Dreams. Texas Tech University Press.
- (2016). Dreams, Healing, and Medicine in Greece From Antiquity to the Present. Routledge.
- (1994). Epic and epoch: essays on the interpretation and history of a genre. Texas Tech University Press.
- (2014). Studies on Mediterranean Culture and History: From the Middle Ages through the Early Modern Period. Athens Institute for Education and Research.