- Faculty Affiliate, Institute for Engineering Education and Innovation
- Associate Professor, Engineering Technology and Industrial Distribution, College of Engineering
Dr. Malini Natarajarathinam joined the Industrial Distribution Program in 2007 as an Assistant Professor and is now an Associate Professor (with tenure) since 2013. Natarajarathinam received her Ph.D. in Supply Chain Management from The University in 2007. She received her Bachelor of Engineering (Major: Industrial and Systems Engineering) from Anna University [Tamilnadu, India], her MS in Industrial Engineering from Auburn University, her MA in Management Science and MS in Applied Statistics from The University of Alabama. Before coming to Academia, she worked with several automotive companies on transportation, material handling and decision analysis systems.
She teaches courses in strategic relationships among industrial distributors and distribution logistics. Her recent research focuses on education and learning sciences with a emphasis on Engineering and STEM fields. Her other research interests include empirical studies to assess impact of good supply chain practices such as coordinated decision making in stochastic supply chains, handling supply chains during times of crisis and optimizing global supply chains on the financial health of a company. She has published her research in Journal of Business Logistics, International Journal of Physical Distribution and Logistics Management and peer-reviewed proceedings of the American Society for Engineering Education.
- Ph.D. in Operations Management, University of Alabama, Tuscaloosa - (Tuscaloosa, Alabama, United States) 2007
- M.S. in Statistics, University of Alabama, Tuscaloosa - (Tuscaloosa, Alabama, United States) 2006
- M.A. in Management Science, University of Alabama, Tuscaloosa - (Tuscaloosa, Alabama, United States) 2005
- M.S. in Industrial Engineering, Auburn University - (Auburn, Alabama, United States) 2002
- B.E. in Industrial Engineering, Anna University, Chennai - (Chennai, Tamil Nadu, India) 2000
- Conley, K., Natarajarathinam, M., Lu, W., & Rangan, S. (2019). Effect of Accounting Policies on Effectiveness of Inventory Management Strategies. EMJ - Engineering Management Journal. 31(4), 246-256.
- Tucker, J., Natarajarathinam, M., & Thalanayar Swaminathan, S. B. (2017). A multi-dimensional new-market pricing paradigm. International Journal of Business Performance and Supply Chain Modelling. 9(3), 215-237.
- Harris, C., & Natarajarathinam, M. (2017). Optimising packaged gas inventory placement at welding supply distributors. International Journal of Business Excellence. 12(2), 193-213.
- Fowler, A., Natarajarathinam, M., & Patwari, K. (2016). Customer Stratification for an Industrial Distributor With a Service and Repair Business. EMJ - Engineering Management Journal. 28(1), 14-24.
- Johnson, M. D., Sawaya, W. J., & Natarajarathinam, M. (2013). A methodology for modelling comprehensive international procurement costs. International Journal of Production Research. 51(18), 1-16.
- Natarajarathinam, M., & Nepal, B. (2012). A holistic approach to market assessment for a manufacturing company in an emerging economy. INDUSTRIAL MARKETING MANAGEMENT. 41(7), 1142-1151.
- Nepal, B., Natarajarathinam, M., & Murillo, R. (2012). Making Location Decision Based on Regional Industrial Capabilities: A Case of a Distributor. International Trade Journal. 26(2), 154-180.
- Natarajarathinam, M., Stacey, J., & Sox, C. (2012). Near-optimal heuristics and managerial insights for the storage constrained, inbound inventory routing problem. International Journal of Physical Distribution and Logistics Management. 42(2), 152-173.
- Nepal, B., Natarajarathinam, M., & Balla, K. (2011). Improving manufacturing process for biomedical products: A case study. Journal of Manufacturing Technology Management. 22(4), 527-540.
- Natarajarathinam, M., Somy, M., & Johnson, M. D. (2011). Measuring performance of material handling systems: a conveyor system analysis. International Journal of Business Performance and Supply Chain Modelling. 3(2), 167-180.
- Outstanding Faculty Award conferred by Texas A&M University - (College Station, Texas, United States) - Professional Association for Industrial Distribution (PAID) 2010